4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

O/R Mid Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: O/R Mid Install

Then get MAC..they sound awesome and not alot have them.
Bassani..
Borla..
Heck i'll even go as far as to say LMII
All sound better and more unique than POS flows.

See..the way I see it, We mustang guys are at a disadvantage on a lot of things. GMs are faster, Have more displacement to play around withhave a larger following, easier parts to find..Really, the only thing we have going for us as Ford guys is that we sound good. Why kill the only thing we have goin' for us with LM1s? The mustang is the only muscle car out of many that doesnt sound like a truck.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:01 PM
kingofqueenz
2nd Gear Member

its not killing anything, 90% of the people on here hear slp's on youtube videos and the loudness messes up the mic and you can't hear it in its glory. I was skeptical at first also, everyone around my area all have the same set up, flows, magnaflow, frpp, they all sound the same, you can't distinguish any of them. When im a few blocks away, they always know its me with my unique setup.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

MAC w/ prochambers are a very sexy unique setup and are very distinguishable too. But really it all boils down to personal preference.

when isee AND hearLM1s in real life, its like "oh..its an LM1" its an unmistakable sound and you know exactly what it is because when you see it drive by you, its not a truck...it's a mustang, and that only means one thing, it has SLP.

I think LM1 (in real life) make our cars sound exactly like GMs. I can deal with LM1s, although im not very fond of it, if i got it for a good price,like maybe 100-150 for the whole kit, i'dbuy it. What i cant live with is when they are installed with any sort of mid pipe. My friends stang has an LM1.. I could live with it..didnt really like it, but it def. didnt sound bad. Then he added a Catted X.. he is absolutley in love with that thing, swears that he'll never buy anything else and that everything else is inferior.. I hate it, makes me wanna puke and id be angry every time i turned on the carif my stang sounded like that, but he fits in with all the other guys at the drag strip with the way he sounds, while my car just sounds like a street car.

To their defense, I think SLP has bad *** looking tips.perfect IMO and the quality is superb