4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

LOOKING FOR A MUSTANG MECHANIC

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:24 PM
rogerwilco357
2nd Gear Member

Default LOOKING FOR A MUSTANG MECHANIC

OK easy enough I have A vortech with A bottle , also gears and super chip all done ..problem is the vortech return line needs to be replaced it is leaking , also have a digital readout on the pillar for the oil ,came on the car already and do not know the maker . but the oil sending unit is leaking so it needs to be fixed or replaced ..i am in the garden city and dearborn heights area ...any one know of a garage with a dyno that does good work at reasonable prices.?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Default RE: LOOKING FOR A MUSTANG MECHANIC

Dearborn Heights like as in Michigan??? Garden City??
Old 07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

yeah deaborn heights is in michigan , right by dearborn . I use to live there, theres a butt load of places that work on performance vehicles down there Livernois being the top dawg in the metro Detroit area. Not sure if they mess with supercharged stuff like your problem. Theres also Alternative auto sports which have mixed reviews (mine personally being a good expierence) , If you dont mind heading up telegraph road to waterford theres a place http://www.nelsonsperformance.com/services.html that specializes in mustangs. Im taking my car there next because I heard nothing but good stuff about them and they top work for anyone.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:30 PM
rogerwilco357
2nd Gear Member

thanks will give em a call ,,and yeah michigan. livernoise is down the road like 4 miles if that ..but they are busy.....wow
some of the cars there are sick man...and they cost..but you get what you pay for as for the shop you listed i will give them a call if they do good work then i will drive there as this leak is driving me crazy it is a small leak at the sending unit but man it has peppered my driveway with little spots and that synthetic oil isn't cheap ..thanks what work did you get done there? as i need ball joints now they are squeaking ..another annoying thing..now all i need is a painter for my hood..[:@]
Old 07-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rogerwilco357

thanks will give em a call ,,and yeah michigan. livernoise is down the road like 4 miles if that ..but they are busy.....wow
some of the cars there are sick man...and they cost..but you get what you pay for as for the shop you listed i will give them a call if they do good work then i will drive there as this leak is driving me crazy it is a small leak at the sending unit but man it has peppered my driveway with little spots and that synthetic oil isn't cheap ..thanks what work did you get done there? as i need ball joints now they are squeaking ..another annoying thing..now all i need is a painter for my hood..[:@]
I had a built 3.8 and had that tuned at alternative auto , The tune was awsome and a friend of mine had a vortech installed on his 95 5.0 and it runs flawless. As for nelsons performance, Theres a guy that lives across the street from my girl who has a little mustang club going on and they were all telling me that Nelsons is the place to go for anything that has to do with a stang. They have a dynojet and run sct , install turbos and Blowers , ect. Ye livernois is busy and are not cheap by far . but there one of the best and make great products as well as service. Where at in dearborn man ? I use to live by the ford plant off of outerdrive , I partied at BT's all the time lol