4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need new clutch, please post all the site you can think off that they sell clutch.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:56 AM
KillaGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Need new clutch, please post all the site you can think off that they sell clutch.

ORIGINAL: Injected97GT

I can say this for sure: The King Cobra comes with great reviews for a MUCH better than stock clutch. HOWEVER, it is not a complete "kit" as some people see it. It comes with a pressure plate and clutch disk. That is all.

Now, I have been working in California for over 2 months now, so I haven't been able to drive the car since it got installed. But I made sure my dad gave it a nice test drive and let me know. He said the clutch grabs amazingly and feels great. So for what it's worth, my dad approves lol.
The kit I buy it say come with " Includes the pilot bearing, alignment tool, throw out bearing, clutch disk and pressure plate "
Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Houghtown
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need new clutch, please post all the site you can think off that they sell clutch.

Thanks for the info Ox. That actually clears it up.

KillaGT I have heard from a few different people that it's best to replace the firewall adjuster when going to an aftermarket clutch. I've read the stories about people blowing out the clutch because they didn't change out their adjusters. I don't know if either has anything to do with the clutch going out but the $100 investment is a hell of a lot cheaper than a new clutch.