4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mustang GT Vs. Trans Am and CamAro

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 01:12 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Default Mustang GT Vs. Trans Am and CamAro

Hey guys I have a 2001 Mustang GT and by the time Im done I will have these Mods After Im done will I be able to run with these guys you vote. Mod list,SLP Lm2's,X or H Pipe,Long tube headers,3:73 Gears,Diablo Preadtor Custom Tune,Mac CAI,70 MM Throttle Body,True Flow upper intake Pleanum,K/N Filter,24 Pd Fuel Injectors,Make the Maf bigger once I find out what it is and does.Or if I get the money I might trash this and buy the New Ford Racing Supercharger for the 2v 4.6! But Post on my car vs. Stock T/A and CamAro's!!! with the mods
Old 05-09-2005, 02:10 AM
66_mustang_04
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT Vs. Trans Am and Camero

stock ta and camaro's yes but once they mod them watch out!
Old 05-09-2005, 10:04 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

not if you run stock street tires.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:46 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: GrayGhost01GT

Hey guys I have a 2001 Mustang GT and by the time Im done I will have these Mods After Im done will I be able to run with these guys you vote. Mod list,SLP Lm2's,X or H Pipe,Long tube headers,3:73 Gears,Diablo Preadtor Custom Tune,Mac CAI,70 MM Throttle Body,True Flow upper intake Pleanum,K/N Filter,24 Pd Fuel Injectors,Make the Maf bigger once I find out what it is and does.Or if I get the money I might trash this and buy the New Ford Racing Supercharger for the 2v 4.6! But Post on my car vs. Stock T/A and Camero's!!! with the mods

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] Start modding, man.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:04 PM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

ORIGINAL: GrayGhost01GT

Hey guys I have a 2001 Mustang GT and by the time Im done I will have these Mods After Im done will I be able to run with these guys you vote. Mod list,SLP Lm2's,X or H Pipe,Long tube headers,3:73 Gears,Diablo Preadtor Custom Tune,Mac CAI,70 MM Throttle Body,True Flow upper intake Pleanum,K/N Filter,24 Pd Fuel Injectors,Make the Maf bigger once I find out what it is and does.Or if I get the money I might trash this and buy the New Ford Racing Supercharger for the 2v 4.6! But Post on my car vs. Stock T/A and Camero's!!! with the mods

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] Start modding, man.

^^^^^ I would just sit on the sidelines until you have some of the above listed mod's installed
Old 05-09-2005, 01:46 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

what sux though. is all the money you put into your car getting those listed mods, if they put the same money into the maro, you wouldn't be able to touch them. [:@]
Old 05-09-2005, 01:55 PM
redstanger
3rd Gear Member

i kill camaro's and firebirds all the time. i took a 2001 WS6 that had exhaust and a 6speed by 2 cars at least and Z28's that have intake and exhaust mods still cant beat me without nitrous. the only car's u might have to worry about is a camaro SS. dont try to take them on highways them kind of cars love top speed. If you want to beat camaros and firebirds with a mustang take them from a dig. they have 2.73 rear end gears they are dogs out of the hole. i have stock gears still to so im sure you would take them with all that.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:00 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: redstanger

i kill camaro's and firebirds all the time. i took a 2001 WS6 that had exhaust and a 6speed by 2 cars at least and Z28's that have intake and exhaust mods still cant beat me without nitrous. the only car's u might have to worry about is a camaro SS. dont try to take them on highways them kind of cars love top speed. If you want to beat camaros and firebirds with a mustang take them from a dig. they have 2.73 rear end gears they are dogs out of the hole. i have stock gears still to so im sure you would take them with all that.

What kind of times do you run?
Old 05-09-2005, 02:00 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redstanger

The SS and the Z28 are virtually identical, and dyno RWHP within 10 of each other.

A intake/full exaust Z or SS would eat you alive without the nitrous spraying, so long as there is a competent driver at the wheel.

Hell, I would get eaten alive by a M6 on full exaust, maybe even a auto. Sucks, but its true.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:11 PM
redstanger
3rd Gear Member

im not sure what my times are but i plan on hitting the track this summer to find out. i raced two firebirds and a z28 that were modded. and im going to try an SS probly in a week or two at a track and he just put a new muffler on if so ,we will see i know it might be close and i might give him some giggle gas just incase haha.

the 2001 ws6 had flowmaster took him by 2 cars from a dig

the 1997 z28 had exhaust,short shifter,intake he just about caught me though haha cause i launch out of the hole like a mother

the other firebird had LT's and no cats or mufflers had had a filter kit he said and i took him by at least 3 cars from a dig

Quick Reply: Mustang GT Vs. Trans Am and CamAro