4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

A couple things

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:23 PM
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

Default A couple things

Well first off, just want to say i'm one lazy bish. I've had these "problems" for about 4 months now, and decided that NOW is the time to actually go and get them fixed. I guess the cold weather just makes you not want to do stuff.

Anyways here goes:

Had my exhaust installed from a guy I found on stangnet that was decently close to me, he did the whole thing...great. I have the Borla Stinger catback + mac o/r PC, had the MIL elimantors as well. SES light came on the next day, and has never dissapperaed since. I lost the guys number and saw that he hasn't logged onto stangnet in months, so I can't contact him. Also I have this ridicuously annoying squeek that comes from the rear of my car, wasn't there before the exhaust, almost immediatly there after installation. I'm guess possibly something is loose? I dunno the squeek is a really annoying high pitch. Anyways, was going to go to autozone to get the codes scanned, as suggested by others when I posted before. But after that there isn't much I can do, since I have no tools or access to them. So I was thinking about taking it to a muffler shop for both the squeek and SES light, was jw if the muffler shop can/will take care of the SES light? If the MILs have went bad, is there anything they can do? Or will they not even work on it since there is a o/r midpipe? I'm sure they will fix the squeeking noise tho, I figure there is just something loose.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:20 AM
andy98gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: A couple things

I had prolly that same noise you have, that high pitch sqeek. Well i changed my brakes and one rotor that was torn up and it went away. So maybe just check your brakes.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:36 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

my friend helped my with my borla catback and one day the exhuast fell off. lol... it was the side he did ofcourse... lazy friend... he didnt tighten it enough, well atleat i was only in a parking lot and i heard it dragging.. wasnt the tips thank god!

you chould check your wires to make sure they are plugged in tight and not loose. or reconnect the battery and wait 15 min and see if the light goes away... it could? i would just use a programmer and clear the codes and see if more codes pop up or not because your engine may not have been use to the backpressure and it threw a code. not so sure...
Old 05-17-2005, 12:52 AM
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

my friend helped my with my borla catback and one day the exhuast fell off. lol... it was the side he did ofcourse... lazy friend... he didnt tighten it enough, well atleat i was only in a parking lot and i heard it dragging.. wasnt the tips thank god!

you chould check your wires to make sure they are plugged in tight and not loose. or reconnect the battery and wait 15 min and see if the light goes away... it could? i would just use a programmer and clear the codes and see if more codes pop up or not because your engine may not have been use to the backpressure and it threw a code. not so sure...
lol you got lucky eh?

I did the battery thing, it went away for a day I think, came back on the next day. I don't have jack stands or a lift so I can't really get under there to check for loose connections or anything like that.

Andy: I don't think its the breaks, since the noise came just about immediately after I got the exhaust installed, and it also is coming from the rear, kinda seems like its in the catback region.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:12 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

check to see if the rear axle is rubbing on the catback... is your stang lowered at all? also check to see if the pipe comes in contact with the body or under the car anywhere.

how do you think your exhuast sounds after a few months of having it? i think one day i went and started my car up like a few weeks ago, and the car just sounded much louder.. not suer what it is but the car is much louder than when i first installed the exhuast, no exhuast leaks either. sounds awesome. and your exhuast should be alot louder than mine. i still have trouble when i drive by a camaro, they are louder than me. i hate having a quieter car.