air to fuel ratio gauge - MustangForums.com

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Old 05-18-2005, 10:00 PM   #1  
hubada26
1st Gear Member

Default air to fuel ratio gauge

i am wiring up a air to fuel ratio gauge in my car. i need to know what wire to connect this too. wait before you call me an idiot, i know it goes to a signal wire from the oxygen sensor after the connector. but i dont know which one and i can not look at an owners manual becuase i dont have one and wouldnt matter cause my car is peices part of different model years.
hubada26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:36 AM   #2  
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: air to fuel ratio gauge

Quote:
ORIGINAL: hubada26

i am wiring up a air to fuel ratio gauge in my car. i need to know what wire to connect this too. wait before you call me an idiot, i know it goes to a signal wire from the oxygen sensor after the connector. but i dont know which one and i can not look at an owners manual becuase i dont have one and wouldnt matter cause my car is peices part of different model years.
I know it's probably too late, but if the A/F gauge you have is still unused and in the box return it and get a wideband O2 gauge/datalogger instead. It will give you A/F data you can actually use, as good or better than that obtained during a dyno session. It's more expensive (of course), but it comes with it's own dedicated O2 sensor, and only requires a bung be welded into your exhaust, ahead of the cats if your car has them, and a power source.
The Great Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:19 PM   #3  
jishead
2nd Gear Member

If I have a offroad H (prochamber actually) and a predator then could I just use a downstream O2 bung and take out one OEM O2 sensor and have the predator ignore it's absense? This way I could use an existing MAC pro-chamber bung? That would be cool.
jishead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #4  
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

I don't know if all aftermarket O2 sensors supplied with wideband A/F gauges are the same thread size as the OEM sensors. They probably are, but in case they are not it's only about $20 to have a new bung welded on at a muffler shop. Also with an O/R pipe you can place the O2 sensor in the tail pipe if you're not going to run the gauge all the time.
The Great Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #5  
hubada26
1st Gear Member

okay well thats great and all but i still need to know what wire i hook the gauge i have, up. any one
Old 05-19-2005, 06:43 PM   #6  
hubada26
1st Gear Member

actually if any one has a wiring diagram of the tranny/oxygen sensor harness that would be great i just need to now which is the signal wire so i dont start a fire by guessing.