4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My car got hit...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:15 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

Default My car got hit...

yes i did post this in the mach 1 section but this does pertain here too to those with a GT.....yeah i was at a little fire pit social gathering (ie party) for no more than 5 mins with my gf.... with a few of my friends and ppl i dunno.... all my friends there are car ppl.. 1 with a 5.0 1 an 01 ss ect ect anyway... there was a fight that broke out right after i got there..... the ppl that were fighting was the girl that a friend of mine and a guy and she beat him up pretty bad so he was leavin his girl was drivin.. well the fighting was still goin on while there we backing out of the drive way.... my car was like 8 feet from the drive way.. my gf wa slike "should we move the car?" i was like na it should be fine... well then i here OMG YOU HIT KENS CAR!! and KEN THEY HIT YOUR CAR!!.. i run to the fortn of the house and yup the girl went off the curb and side swipe the passenger side of her scion tc accross my bumper... she got out and her bf of whom i know way more thna her.. started to apologize and **** and tried so hard for me not to call the cops.. i said im sorry but thats not how i handle ****.. so my girl calls the cops... they give her a sobriety test and she passes... so they write up a report that says she hit a parked car all fault on her ect ect so i just take the car to a good body shop and it wlll be done...the front bumper has chipped paint and deep gashes... so yeah a new bumper... anyway.. that happened on fri night.. well yesterday i thought hmm i really do like the machs with the cobra bumbers...... my question is how can i get this done witht he insurance and the body shop how do i approach the body shop about how htis is what i want?... the only thing i can think of is the fog lights might have to come out of my wallet and the cobra bumper may be more cause not nearly as many were mass produced like the gt/mach bumper?... can they write it up to cover that cost if i get a good body shop?.. has anyone here done something like this or know someone who has??
Old 11-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Damn that sucks.

For everyones sanity... When you post in a forum, break up the posts. Paragraph rules, syntax and Grammar don't really apply.

Thanks, and I'm sorry about your car.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:49 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

good call on calling the cops..stories could have changed and **** might not have ever happened if you wouldnt have called em andsyntaxandgrammarisforhomossxynerdgodie :-)
Old 11-09-2008, 11:53 AM
jwarner0297
4th Gear Member

its on the body shop I used a family one before for someone who hit my 98 mustang in a DMV parking lot and they didn't care as long as they got paid and didn't lose money.

Now the insurance company will do an appraisal and decide what the damage will cost to repair and give you suggested body shops. Then send money directly to the shop.

Best idea is tell the insurance company you want the check written to you then you go and buy the parts,paint, etc. and have them installed. Most insurance companies won't mind cause either way they are writing a check for the damage.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:12 PM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

ok now.. when will a body shop or insurance company say the bumper in not repairable?. it has like 6 deep gashes.. no breaks or cracks.. i want a new one.. if i go and they say they will refinish it.. any way i can push for a new one?