4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

interior swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 07:39 PM
cisurfer
5th Gear Member

Default interior swap

I HATEEEEEEEEE my interior color. brown is so crappy looking with a white car i think balck or even grey would be so much better. and to go with it my drivers seat is so worn out and feels terrrible and the leather is all cracked on the edge by the door. does any place sell interior conversion or any place i can get a new seat because all aftermarket seats are black and if i had a black interior it would solve all my problems.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
gec
2nd Gear Member

You can do it yourself cheaper than paying anyone. I just answered this a week ago for another member here was my response

Originally Posted by gec
Hey Bro -- nothing like a black interior... Some cheap effective ways for u to accomplish this without breaking your budget and going crazy.

1st the carpet -- these guys are great done alot of business with them and its better than factory http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...=8&ModelId=201

2nd the seats -- Now u got 2 choices -- you could hit up ebay and the junk yard see if you can grab them cheap...usually tough to find good condition cheap.. so option # 2 Katzkins Interiors can totally hook you up for probably cheaper then u can do option one with and the leather will be brand new. You can also do custom inserts, piping, and embroidering if you want http://www.katzkin.com/main.html

3rd all the plastics and vinyls --- I suggest you revinyl or take the opportunity to leather or suede wrap all the pieces. If you know someone who upholsters thats great if not stay away from custom shops you'll pay through the roof. Find someone in you area who does furniture and approach them about the project. They will most likely do it dirt cheap. Also, don't be afraid to try this yourself. You will be surprised how quick the learning curve is. All you need is some material, glue, a sewing machine and a couple of tools.. Start with the easy small plastic pieces and work ur way from there.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 PM
cisurfer
5th Gear Member

not bad idea for carpet and seats, but what about dash and console and all that bull lol and the headliner
Old 12-01-2008, 10:52 AM
gec
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cisurfer
not bad idea for carpet and seats, but what about dash and console and all that bull lol and the headliner
Perfect opportunity to set your interior off and wrap it all in suede and leather

Some people paint it, but (1) It's messy (2) You know its painted (3) It's not durable

Suede and leather gives you a plush luxury custom look.