4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:04 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

Tighten E-Brake/ Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
SoCalGT951
1st Gear Member

ok so 3.73's is a must. my main concern is in my city there are soo many kids(not sayin im not a kid myself im 22) that the cops here are insanely **** about modded vehicle. i really dont wanna draw alot of attention to my car. the only good thing that could come out of it is me getting a good laugh cuz my dad works for the state so my plate is blocked lol
Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 PM
GTtony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
just a word of advice, don't listen to anyone with under a "reliable" amount of posts. Some noobs are alright but Most are stupid/ignorant.
I thought my input was spot on! tactful, but correct.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:03 PM
GTtony
1st Gear Member

Since you are all about staying N/A Have you ever considered a 5.4L swap. seriously look into that. by starting off w/ a larger air pump, all those little bolt-ons will show more HP gains.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:28 AM
SoCalGT951
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTtony
Since you are all about staying N/A Have you ever considered a 5.4L swap. seriously look into that. by starting off w/ a larger air pump, all those little bolt-ons will show more HP gains.
5.4L out of what?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:50 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTtony
My goal is to take down all those other forced induction cars, but stay Naturally Aspirated & take corners like a champ for the time being. Basically i high performance street car. Eventually i want to run a single turbo

Any Idea?????
All what other forced induction cars? (A terminator, Poopra, STi )
Is this goin 2 be your DD.
Slap your self: for god sake man have you ever got your car smoged in CA?

Building a N/A car in CA w/ what your asking will guarantee a fail smog.
+there arent too many CA 50 state legal turbo kits out there... good luck[/QUOTE]

there are no smog legal turbo kits on the market, the last I heard the Hellion kit is still pending.

OP: If you wanna take corners like a champ, you're gonna wanna spend less time here, not many people are suspension oriented. You won't get far N/A on the 2v GT in terms of power either. My best recommendation for you is to spend some money going to hpde's and soloII's that scca put together, a full day of soloII's is about 50 bucks and you're gonna come out a much better driver. When you're ready to start modding the suspension, I would advise you to check out c-c(corner-carvers) forum. Be forwarned tho, they do not put up with posts that have no scientific backing, also if the question has been asked before and can be found in a search, they will get ya on that too.

Before you get into a create a grandiose plan, you have to realize you're in California, the smog ****'s will not let you get away with much of what you need to do to make a competitive GT in N/A form. Unless you turn this into a race car with a separate DD, your best bet would be to look into a carb legal supercharger.

Last edited by Aereon; 01-30-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
SoCalGT951
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
All what other forced induction cars? (A terminator, Poopra, STi )
Is this goin 2 be your DD.
Slap your self: for god sake man have you ever got your car smoged in CA?

Building a N/A car in CA w/ what your asking will guarantee a fail smog.
+there arent too many CA 50 state legal turbo kits out there... good luck
there are no smog legal turbo kits on the market, the last I heard the Hellion kit is still pending.

OP: If you wanna take corners like a champ, you're gonna wanna spend less time here, not many people are suspension oriented. You won't get far N/A on the 2v GT in terms of power either. My best recommendation for you is to spend some money going to hpde's and soloII's that scca put together, a full day of soloII's is about 50 bucks and you're gonna come out a much better driver. When you're ready to start modding the suspension, I would advise you to check out c-c(corner-carvers) forum. Be forwarned tho, they do not put up with posts that have no scientific backing, also if the question has been asked before and can be found in a search, they will get ya on that too.

Before you get into a create a grandiose plan, you have to realize you're in California, the smog ****'s will not let you get away with much of what you need to do to make a competitive GT in N/A form. Unless you turn this into a race car with a separate DD, your best bet would be to look into a carb legal supercharger.[/QUOTE]

w/ the smog thing i know a couple people that do it that'll pass my car. but that not the thing. im mainly looking for around 300-315hp and dont wanna supercharge my engine yet because its old and has a lot of miles.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:55 PM
GTtony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SoCalGT951
5.4L out of what?
LOL...