4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

TECH: Ford Plastic Intake Lawsuit Settled!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Lonzo

Default RE: HOT!! Ford Plastic Intake Lawsuit Settled!!!

got my check
Old 02-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Osk
2nd Gear Member

i just ordered the i-manifold.. it should come sometime next week, and then hopefully we'll install it over the weekend..

i heard you need gaskets. is that true? if so, how many? and where could i get some for a good price? a link would be greatly appreciated..
Old 02-17-2006, 11:40 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

just got my check from ford for $790.65...... i had it replaced in 04 and had to give a reciept to get the check. anything over 7 years and no reciept = no money.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:10 AM
Daves_97GT_DropTop
1st Gear Member

Ok i'm outdated on the subject..... Last I read this thread a few months ago I could not get refund the money I spent changing my intake because my car a 97 GT which was made the month before the "defective intakes" were installed. So can I get it. I don't have any receipts, I threw them away because I thought I just had to bite the bullet. So can I or can I not get it, because I see some people are getting it?
Old 02-18-2006, 12:43 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daves_97GT_DropTop

Ok i'm outdated on the subject..... Last I read this thread a few months ago I could not get refund the money I spent changing my intake because my car a 97 GT which was made the month before the "defective intakes" were installed. So can I get it. I don't have any receipts, I threw them away because I thought I just had to bite the bullet. So can I or can I not get it, because I see some people are getting it?

take your car to the local ford dealer and give them your vin# to see if your car is eligible. if it is, you will need a receipt for replacement otherwise you wont get anything, since your car is over 7 years old.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Daves_97GT_DropTop
1st Gear Member

Thanks... but that really bites... my car was made in 5/97 not 6/97.... guess that's just my luck but i'm going to try it anyways
Old 02-19-2006, 03:37 AM
Dstang96
1st Gear Member

This some of what ford has out.. I went to my site in ford and found this.. I will send more stuff off my account.

Welcome to the Chamberlan v. Ford Settlement Administration website.

THE SETTLEMENT BECAME FINAL ON DECEMBER 16, 2005.
CLASS MEMBERS MUST SEEK REIMBURSEMENT BY MARCH 16, 2006.

The United States District Court has determined that the Settlement is fair, adequate and reasonable, and entered a final order approving the Settlement. After an appeal period, the Settlement became final on December 16, 2005.
This site provides you with the following information:

Important Dates and Information, including court filing deadlines and the addresses of Plaintiffs' counsel, to write to for additional information;

The Notice of Proposed Settlement of Class Action and Settlement Fairness Hearing that describes the case and the rights of Class Members;

The List of Class Vehicles; and

A List of Frequently Asked Questions, and corresponding answers.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:38 AM
Dstang96
1st Gear Member

For more information on the Intake Manifold Class Action settlement - please refer to the website below

Or call toll free: 1-888-826-3047 for more information
Old 02-19-2006, 03:39 AM
Dstang96
1st Gear Member

For more information on the Intake Manifold Class Action settlement - please refer to the website below

Or call toll free: 1-888-826-3047 for more information
Old 02-19-2006, 03:41 AM
Dstang96
1st Gear Member

Important Dates and Information

The important dates for you to know are:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT DATES
When to Request Reimbursement:

The United States District Court has determined that the Settlement is fair, adequate and reasonable, and entered a final order approving the Settlement. After an appeal period, the Settlement became final on December 16, 2005.

If you paid to replace the intake manifold on your Class Vehicle, have the original receipt or a copy of it, and your manifold replacement occured within seven years of the initial sale of your vehicle:
Under the terms of the Settlement, you have 90 days from December 16, 2005 to request reimbursement. If you paid to replace the intake manifold on your Class Vehicle, to obtain reimbursement, you must bring an original receipt for the repair or a photocopy or duplicate thereof to a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer. You must bring your receipt to the dealer no later than March 16, 2006. Requests for reimbursement submitted after March 16, 2006 will not be accepted.

If you paid to replace your intake manifold, but you do not have your original receipt and your vehicle was initially sold less than seven years ago:
If you paid to replace your intake manifold, but you do not have your original receipt and your vehicle was sold less than seven years ago, you may take your vehicle to a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer for inspection. You must bring the Notice of Proposed Settlement to the dealer no later than March 16, 2006, signed under the penalty of perjury, stating that you paid to replace an intake manifold that had cracked at the coolant crossover passage, resulting in a coolant leak. The dealer will also inspect your vehicle to confirm that the original manifold was replaced. In that event, you will be entitled to receive reimbursement of a pre-set amount for the estimated costs of replacing your manifold.
If you do not have the Notice of Proposed Settlement, you can download a copy from this website. [Click Here]

Reimbursement Request Deadline: 90 days from December 16, 2005.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONTACT INFORMATION
Toll-free automated telephone line:
1-888-826-3047
Addresses of Plaintiffs' Counsel:
Michael Ram, Esq.
Levy, Ram & Olson LLP
639 Front Street, Fourth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111-1913

Richard T. Dorman, Esq.
Cunningham, Bounds, Yance, Crowder & Brown LLC
Post Office Box 66705
Mobile, AL 36660

Do not contact Ford Motor Company or its Counsel

Do not call or write the court for information about the terms of the proposed settlement

Quick Reply: TECH: Ford Plastic Intake Lawsuit Settled!!!