4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

ATI Procharger ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:03 AM
97_Cobra_White

Default ATI Procharger ???

ok, i have a 97 cobra with all sorts of mods. i don't even know what all mods it has on it cause we got it from an auction. anyways, it goes 0-60 in about 4 to 4 1/2 seconds though. fast a hell! i'm guessing its been ported, bored, stroked and whatever else. the question is this. would a ATI D1SC Procharger with the 3 core intercooler run well with my car??? It comes with 10lb pulleys, 42lb FMS injectors, a Pro-M Univer Mass Air Meter, and everything else I need to install it. Has anyone had any experience with the D1SC's. If I had it all properly tuned and all, how bad would it affect my engine life with only say 10lbs of boost??? All input would be appreciated.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:17 AM
Dave2000GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ATI Procharger ???

ORIGINAL: 97_Cobra_White

ok, i have a 97 cobra with all sorts of mods. i don't even know what all mods it has on it cause we got it from an auction. anyways, it goes 0-60 in about 4 to 4 1/2 seconds though. fast a hell! i'm guessing its been ported, bored, stroked and whatever else. the question is this. would a ATI D1SC Procharger with the 3 core intercooler run well with my car??? It comes with 10lb pulleys, 42lb FMS injectors, a Pro-M Univer Mass Air Meter, and everything else I need to install it. Has anyone had any experience with the D1SC's. If I had it all properly tuned and all, how bad would it affect my engine life with only say 10lbs of boost??? All input would be appreciated.
Haha.. sorry to laugh .. but you're asking if the supercharger will go well with your car.. yet you don't even know what your car really is ??

Of course I wouldn't really be able to help you even if I did know what was under your hood.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:55 AM
andy98gt
3rd Gear Member

Dude if you dont even know what all your car has done I wouldnt go supercharging it. If it has like stroked and bored work like you "think" im not sure you can supercharge that because that may have raised compression which cobras already have 10:1 and require premium gas. What you need to do is learn all your parts about cars and go look under the hood and find out what is already done. It could just have a set of 4:30's and full exhaust, that would pull like hell, them 4:30's. You need to find out whats done to it. Dont do anything else till you find out whats done.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:20 AM
MarcusM
2nd Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif] andy98gt
If it was "stroked" then you would probably want to stray from supercharging it... Unless you really love rebuilding motors. But yea andy98gt is right, make sure you know what is on your car, maybe just get it dyno'd & see what the rwhp is. That would give you somewhat of an idea if any crazyness is done inside...As for bolt-ons, you may just want to look and write part numbers down, that's going to be the easy way..
Old 06-29-2005, 11:29 PM
97_Cobra_White

it has h-pipes, full exaust, 4.10's, shift kit, eibach lowering springs, control arms, fms aluminum driveshaft, msd ignition, bbk cold air induction, i think a 65mm throttle body or whatever. The problem is, is that I don't know what is all done internally. You are right though, I'm gonna get it dynoed and see what the numbers are. I don't think it is possible that it hasn't had internal work though. i drove a 98 cobra and it wasn't nearly as quick! what numbers do you think i'd get with everything that I had said if it didn't have any internal work?? I'm getting it dynoed next week and see for sure. Will they be able to tell if anything was done internally just from the dyno? BTW sorry for the stupidity, it is just buggin the hell out of me that I don't even now what all has been done to this beast.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:36 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Does it have muffler bearings?
Old 06-30-2005, 03:20 AM
MarcusM
2nd Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 06-30-2005, 03:56 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97_Cobra_White

it has h-pipes, full exaust, 4.10's, shift kit, eibach lowering springs, control arms, fms aluminum driveshaft, msd ignition, bbk cold air induction, i think a 65mm throttle body or whatever. The problem is, is that I don't know what is all done internally. You are right though, I'm gonna get it dynoed and see what the numbers are. I don't think it is possible that it hasn't had internal work though. i drove a 98 cobra and it wasn't nearly as quick! what numbers do you think i'd get with everything that I had said if it didn't have any internal work?? I'm getting it dynoed next week and see for sure. Will they be able to tell if anything was done internally just from the dyno? BTW sorry for the stupidity, it is just buggin the hell out of me that I don't even now what all has been done to this beast.

every cobra ever made has a stick shift, so you dont have a shift kit as that would imply you have an auto. you probably mean a shifter, like a tri ax or a pro 5.0. with just exhaust and a tune, you'll be close to 300. if it has cams, it will lope at idle and shake the car. your best bet may be to track down the previous owner and ask them. but no, i wouldnt supercharge it, and if you did, get a novi 2K or a vortech V trim. you'd be much happier.