4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Wanna keep the 410's but..

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Dimebag just nailed it. +100000000

Originally Posted by dimebag
Well let's think about that... The kb, its instant tq and that's why everyone thinks 4.10s are a no go. Well I hate to tell u but nitrous is instant tq, and lots of it. Yea its at 3k and not 2k... But when I'm launching at 4500, is there a diff? No. Bottom line is 4.10s are fine if u build the whole car not just motor and gear. Untill your trapping 120+ they're fine
This is in the end what frustrates me the most. And this is where the "lol centris build boost with RPMs" argument falls flat on its retarded face. You're still launching just as much IN BOOST with a centri as you are with a twin-screw at the drag strip. And I tried to say this....

Originally Posted by Hangwire
But when your at the track and launching with a centri your still up in the RPM's when you take off, thus your still throwing boost down right off the line so its all the same in the launching aspect.

Originally Posted by dimebag
Bottom line is 4.10s are fine if u build the whole car not just motor and gear. Untill your trapping 120+ they're fine
And thats the thread ender, as I said from the start unless its a dedicated drag car with a build rear end + suspension(in which case 4.10s are king) its absolutely no fun to have 4.10s on top of boost.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Fobra
Banned

No matter what, you always hear "1st gear is useless" or "it won't hook up".... even stock GT drivers make such claims.... The truth is that either 1) you can't drive or 2) your tires and/or suspension are not up to task and in most cases its a combination of both. Adding a lower performance part to get greater performance tells you that you need to get some other higher performance parts
Old 09-15-2009, 02:57 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Dimebag just nailed it. +100000000

This is in the end what frustrates me the most. And this is where the "lol centris build boost with RPMs" argument falls flat on its retarded face. You're still launching just as much IN BOOST with a centri as you are with a twin-screw at the drag strip. And I tried to say this....

And thats the thread ender, as I said from the start unless its a dedicated drag car with a build rear end + suspension(in which case 4.10s are king) its absolutely no fun to have 4.10s on top of boost.
I don't agree with that statement... because you can have a "built" suspension setup that still isn't designed for drag racing and you will still have problems with traction with 4.10s.

I have invested money in both suspension and power upgrades but my upgrades to my suspension have been much more geared around handling and appearance because this is a street car.

With that being said, the 3.55 honestly made the car worth driving again. Even with a higher redline, I'm never going back to 4.10s.(unless I can get a transmission with a .50 overdrive)
Old 09-15-2009, 03:43 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

All I can say is... You can't pedal it when your sprayin so 1st and 2nd are all or nothin for me... 99% of the time its the 1st option, and I don't have issues... Fwiw I only have 300 bucks in my front suspension, 300 in the back and 350 in rear tires... That's not a lot at all
Old 09-15-2009, 03:51 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

And one more thing to think about is... I've been doing this on a 26x9.5 tire... Or 235/60/15... That's smaller then stock...
Old 09-15-2009, 03:56 PM
GFGweedo

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Hey guys about to head back to the sandbox next month and once I return gonna get a S/C. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Super Charger /410 gear combo. I was told by a good friend that I would be okay if I went with the Procharger/Vortech because they were both centrifigual powerplants and they didn't produce instant boost. What do you guys think would be my best course of action. Thxs guys I appreciate any info.....
I wouldn't go 4.10-1, even if it where the street. I would put the charger on first like stated before then swap your gears out.

Also I have a 2.1L Kenne Bell perfect shape 1250 + shipping and pay pal fees. Link in my description. There is another link in that forum for the charger. It's in perfect shape.

BTW Beautiful Mustang.

Last edited by GFGweedo; 09-15-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:01 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Pm me the link... Dcant see sigs when I'm on my phone
Old 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

My point remains the same, it's not about how much money you have invested in your suspension... it depends on what you have your suspension set up to do.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:11 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

I agree. But at the same time if ur not set up to hook then ppl shouldn't bitch about not hooking
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

And u know what else ends this argument... Strange 10ways... On the tight setting I used to handle better then stock, on loose it felt like my 90/10s I have now. Ill have to get a pic of my car too, esp next to a stock one... It sits low n raked so the appearance thing is there, if I wanted the back lower it wouldn't effect launching at all

Quick Reply: Wanna keep the 410's but..