4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

supercharger questionez

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

um, not to go off topic, but who's being aggressive to you on THIS thread? (I've seen some of the others) Or suggesting you don't have experience and knowledge worth listening to? I just see one line about 'where are you getting this about roasting tires'... It's all good...

peace and love and all that!

I haven't gotten to drive many centrifugal-boosted cars, just a couple of test rides over the years. I wish I had more personal experience in comparing them. But I do know I LOVE this roots blower, and the KB is only better than it!

Last edited by Schmalgar; 05-23-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
I know mine is just a roots and not a twin-screw, but similar in the torque power curve, and ya I don't roast the tires either. I absolutely love the low end torque...

But yeah he's right about the debate never ending. There will never be a clear 'this one is better' answer...
agreed!! both of them will build power just in different ways. centri/linear build of power. pd blower/instant hit of torque then hp build of power.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
um, not to go off topic, but who's being aggressive to you on THIS thread? (I've seen some of the others) Or suggesting you don't have experience and knowledge worth listening to? I just see one line about 'where are you getting this about roasting tires'... It's all good...

peace and love and all that!

I haven't gotten to drive many centrifugal-boosted cars, just a couple of test rides over the years. I wish I had more personal experience in comparing them. But I do know I LOVE this roots blower, and the KB is only better than it!
I t was "where the hell are you getting...." borderline agressive. If I say to you what the hell are you talking about vs what are you talking about there is a difference there. But im dropping that just got in trouble hours ago. But after driving a pd blower car and my centri stang I love the centri on my stang and since I daily drive my thunderbird on the streets with the 4.6 I would love to run a pd blower on it just personal prefernce.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

For me I am going off my experiences with 2 different centri blowers and a pd blower that have been on the same vehicle. That is where I am getting my opinions from. From my experiences I did not like centri blowers. I feel that if I was going to run a centri blower I might as well just get a turbo and I'm not really all that into turbos right now, maybe later in life. I prefer my kenne bell, but in all honesty I was actually wanting a whipple, I decided i didn't want to f' with a torque tech kit to run the whipple though.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:01 PM
TEXASx2000xMUSTANGx
2nd Gear Member

okay, anyways about the BLOWERS! and not roasting tires. lol ill be using it at the local 1/8 mile and occasionaly the 1/4 mile, but its really far from my house, plus im running an automatic tranny, the only reason ill most likely go with the vortech is because i simply dont have the money for a KB at the time, and with the current economy i cant afford it, i know its only a little bit more but in the long run its a huge difference. the only problem i have witht he KB is worries about blowing the motor. dont get me wrong, i LOVE KB and what they do, the SC it self, but a buddy of mine had one and blew it on a dyno right in front of me and him and he currently only has the mods that i do, but maybe it was just his luck :P
Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TEXASx2000xMUSTANGx
okay, anyways about the BLOWERS! and not roasting tires. lol ill be using it at the local 1/8 mile and occasionaly the 1/4 mile, but its really far from my house, plus im running an automatic tranny, the only reason ill most likely go with the vortech is because i simply dont have the money for a KB at the time, and with the current economy i cant afford it, i know its only a little bit more but in the long run its a huge difference. the only problem i have witht he KB is worries about blowing the motor. dont get me wrong, i LOVE KB and what they do, the SC it self, but a buddy of mine had one and blew it on a dyno right in front of me and him and he currently only has the mods that i do, but maybe it was just his luck :P
Either one of them can produce enough power to blow your motor. That can boil down to the motor you're putting it on, the tune, or just crap luck. either one can blow your motor they just build their power in different ways. And one of them creates less heat intercooled or non intercooled.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

shoot me a pm what your price range you're looking to spend is, I keep an eye out on blowers for sale all the time so I may be able to help you find the blower of your choice. I keep an eye out mainly for kb's, prochargers and vortechs so i may know of one in your range for any of them.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
I t was "where the hell are you getting...." borderline agressive. If I say to you what the hell are you talking about vs what are you talking about there is a difference there.
Fair enough. And like you, I'm not trying to start anything either, just curious. Since it wasn't directed at me, I probably read it differently.

OK, done with tangent. Back to helping our fellow Mustang enthusiast enter the wonderful world of boost!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
I prefer my kenne bell, but in all honesty I was actually wanting a whipple, I decided i didn't want to f' with a torque tech kit to run the whipple though.
oh there's something to consider too, the quality of support between those two. Many folks say that KB is lacking in customer service, that Whipple is better in that regard. Something to possibly consider if you lean towards KB...
Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
shoot me a pm what your price range you're looking to spend is, I keep an eye out on blowers for sale all the time so I may be able to help you find the blower of your choice. I keep an eye out mainly for kb's, prochargers and vortechs so i may know of one in your range for any of them.
If that p1 procharger you looked at on the 17th here in the classifieds is still available he may want to check that one out. https://mustangforums.com/forum/part...-complete.html

Quick Reply: supercharger questionez