4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Grossly overfilled oil follow up & asking for positive input from techs

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:08 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Default Grossly overfilled oil follow up & asking for positive input from techs

Hey guys I am still here.. as I have been for sometime on mf.com, I have been battling health problems as well now this car issue... I will do my best to answer the questions dumped off in the lost locked past thread. Few people were bashing, sorry if there was miscomm. and so forth, I came here for your help and guidance please don't take me wrong!

No this isn't some BS. I edited my mistakes in previous post that I obviously mis-wrote and than went on after realizing it and fixed them. Ill try and re lay this out as simply as possible.. maybe they did add oil without draining old oil, i was not in the bay i don't know. I also know i payed by receipt for synthetic mobile 1 so i am told if cam footage shows a tech using a gun it isn't Mobil 1? there has been a lot going on and being said, I will try and keep you guys posted even on the here say.

What exactly happened was the car was serviced for a lube

Went on and driven for light daily mileage from what I understand for a week~ish, a service engine soon light was than popped and car ran seemingly rough-er.

checking it with a super chip tuner the code (bad cop 4) was thrown. on off couple time seemed like.

so spark plugs were changed, as well as wires for cops checked and even all the cops were checked and were good.

therefore i went to a shop because the code. from there I explained to you guys my best from what they at shop told me. I'm no professional, but I can understand. I have some papers on what the shop did as well ( supposedly a compression test, saying there was bad compression or something with that cylinder 4? and diagnostic test which gave that code for bad cop 4 ). they there at the shop told me that there was double the amount of oil needed, and that i needed to contact the lube place. the mechanic tried telling me the code popped because of a bad piston ring? from high amounts of compression which was from grossly over filled oil?? he also explained gaskets were blown? and showed me on the bottom end oil leaking from all areas. I have pictures and video if anyone wants also.

shop mechanic told me these things and I relayed them to you guys. the car has been stored now for over a month, still in original state, with grossly overfilled oil since lube and a ses light, even the original walmart seal for oil is on there i was shown from mechanic, between debating with the claims dept they have offered 500~ the mech shop says the damage is way more? I am still in communication between claims, I am also looking into getting a second opinion from a Ford dealearship on exactly whats going on with motor? a lawyer is the last thing I want involved an please stop making the thread a childrens playground. I just want the fix the car if its messed up, easiest and best way. thank you, and anything you guys need let me know I do my best to check back on mf.com

hope this clears up some of the miscomm and so forth.

Last edited by dvs_03gt; 09-03-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:23 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

This again I'm not bashing but if you manage to scam walmart for a motor all props to you I can care less theres just to many changes in your stories which can bite you in the *** if walmart even sees all of this, but just remember if you get caught its gonna be a fraud charge which can lead to some hefty fines and maybe even some jail time if you have an priors. Heres the original thread. https://mustangforums.com/forum/oil-...-bad-news.html
Old 09-01-2011, 04:28 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Could you explain where your confused on what I am trying to explain? and do you have any help on the situation so I can drive my car!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:55 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

in reply to your replies UBER:

"Dude his mechamic said that code was for blown piston ring LMAO. I can care less who people try to rip off but dont post on the forum amd think we all are idiots and gonna fallfor it. This thread title should be "do you think y mehanic and I can pull of a fraud scam on walmart""

my response to you... I tried to explain the mechanic told me this code was popping because a bad piston ring and something dealing with cylinder 4. try taking a step backward, step in my shoes and try to help. "light on and of a few times. told was normal "sometimes fuses going bad do that with sensors?"

"https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-...parkplugs.html
Welll.... look at this... you had a problem with a ongoing misfire on cylinder 4 a month prior to this oil post (the same cylinder your claming blew a ring), looks like u changed COPS, plugs, and so on. So what really happened? Did you blow out a spark plug well and trying to blame walmart, or did you have a dead cylinder and trying to pull off the free motor? I'm not bashing you if your trying to rip off walmart I can care less, I may even say Kudos. But if you have time to do work like this I don't buy the you don't do your own oil changes."

my response to you... i posted my post on the cop code that we have identified when the ses light popped after the oil change. found about the overfilled oil so i followed up with a new thread. Im not asking for anything to you or anyone except fixing my own car, even if its as easy as me doing it. I just want it back in the state before the overfilled oil with no ses lights and no leaking oil.. can you understand that? light on and of a few times. different mech. told was normal "sometimes fuses going bad do that with sensors?"

"Yes he can PM me personally, and I stand by my original comment that hes an idiot, you already edited your original post but orginally you said you got a DTC and your mechanic said it was because you had a bad ring. Also your story keeps on changing here and there and you edited alot of the information out of previous posts. There is no check engine code that indicates bad rings, only thing you can do is run a compression check. Video surveillance will show nothing as far as how much oil they put in your car as its probably added via a pump hose and there company policy will state they verify the oil level on the dipstick prior to signing off on the vehicle. Dead in the water? Yes you are. They simply can say you added the oil after you left in an attempt to get a free motor."

nothings changed. i have just attempted to explain further. the mechanic told me that, now i dont know whats going on with the motor which why i am asking you guys. he did not say the check engine code meant bad rings, he was saying something like thats whats causing the code.. i really dont understand it all. hence why i am asking for your guys help. he said he did a compression test and it came bad in cyl 4..

well if you need anymore info let me know hope that clears some of your hot air.

Last edited by dvs_03gt; 09-03-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

are we guilty of dredgeing? ...no sense in digging up a body after it has already decomposed!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
are we guilty of dredgeing? ...no sense in digging up a body after it has already decomposed!!!
huh?? im trying to figure out how this overfilled oil damaged the vehicle, im not a mechanic by far and I know some of you know alot more, trying to figure out what is going on. I am being told I need a new motor, HELP! My vehicle never had any loss of power, oil leaks or ses lights prior to this lube. It didnt happen right away it took some light driving after the lube before the ses light, etc
Old 09-01-2011, 09:39 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

If your being told you need a new motor then I would say that you look for a new motor. Not sure what else to say. I am kind of amazed that 11 or more qrts stayed in a motor tho without leaking obviously bad. And oil would pop a piston ring or change compression, I would say you have bad luck. Get a new motor and be done with it
Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
If your being told you need a new motor then I would say that you look for a new motor. Not sure what else to say. I am kind of amazed that 11 or more qrts stayed in a motor tho without leaking obviously bad. And oil would pop a piston ring or change compression, I would say you have bad luck. Get a new motor and be done with it
Yeah i really dont know whats going on or what to do with the motor. it seems like from viewing the engine underneath its seeped out I cant say exactly how much or if its even 11 or more quarts its just way over the supposed amount, by a long shot I am told. So you say the pop of a piston ring could happen? This is what the mechanic is saying, how can I know this or not? It is not bad luck it was negligence on the shop who did the oil. Thanks for help.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by dvs_03gt
in reply to your replies UBER:

"Dude his mechamic said that code was for blown piston ring LMAO. I can care less who people try to rip off but dont post on the forum amd think we all are idiots and gonna fallfor it. This thread title should be "do you think y mehanic and I can pull of a fraud scam on walmart""

my response to you... I tried to explain the mechanic told me this code was popping because a bad piston ring and something dealing with cylinder 4. try taking a step backward, step in my shoes and try to help.

"https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-...parkplugs.html
Welll.... look at this... you had a problem with a ongoing misfire on cylinder 4 a month prior to this oil post (the same cylinder your claming blew a ring), looks like u changed COPS, plugs, and so on. So what really happened? Did you blow out a spark plug well and trying to blame walmart, or did you have a dead cylinder and trying to pull off the free motor? I'm not bashing you if your trying to rip off walmart I can care less, I may even say Kudos. But if you have time to do work like this I don't buy the you don't do your own oil changes."

my response to you... i posted my post on the cop code that we have identified when the ses light popped after the oil change. than i ended up finding out about the overfilled oil so i followed up with a new thread. Im not asking for anything to you or anyone except fixing my own car, even if its as easy as me doing it. I just want it back in the state before the overfilled oil with no ses lights and no leaking oil.. can you understand that?

"Yes he can PM me personally, and I stand by my original comment that hes an idiot, you already edited your original post but orginally you said you got a DTC and your mechanic said it was because you had a bad ring. Also your story keeps on changing here and there and you edited alot of the information out of previous posts. There is no check engine code that indicates bad rings, only thing you can do is run a compression check. Video surveillance will show nothing as far as how much oil they put in your car as its probably added via a pump hose and there company policy will state they verify the oil level on the dipstick prior to signing off on the vehicle. Dead in the water? Yes you are. They simply can say you added the oil after you left in an attempt to get a free motor."

nothings changed. i have just attempted to explain further. the mechanic told me that, now i dont know whats going on with the motor which why i am asking you guys. he did not say the check engine code meant bad rings, he was saying something like thats whats causing the code.. i really dont understand it all. hence why i am asking for your guys help. he said he did a compression test and it came bad in cyl 4..

well if you need anymore info let me know hope that clears some of your hot air.
Ok after reading your new post, and following up with the changes in the story again. So you are saying as the car sits now it has 11 quarts of oil in it and you never drained it. 1. How do you know theres 11 quarts in it, 2. So youve been changing cops and plugs and trying to diagnose the misfire this WHOLE TIME with the engine "grossly overfilled with oil". If so, your mechanic is a retard once gain. Theres no way to fix or diagnose a problem with a motor overlagged with 11 or more quarts of oil, it just wont run right. Instead of changing plugs and cops and this and than trying to fix a the misfire the whole time knowling running the car that overfilled on oil is flat out retarded. First step, drain the oil down the the recommend oil level and see if the problem persists.

Last edited by uberstang1; 09-02-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:00 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Whatever happens I truley hope this turns out with the best results for you and you get the car fixed and back on the road I'm not trying to bash you, I am bashing your "mechanic" and the best advice I can give you before and after this whole ordeal is.........get a new mechanic for sure......

Quick Reply: Grossly overfilled oil follow up & asking for positive input from techs