4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My Power Mods.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 07:42 PM
flyin_hawaiin
1st Gear Member

yes, the numbers are correct... our dynojet is extremely stingy too... typically reads 2-3% lower then most other dynojets.. probably because is 99% humidity in the shop (georgia weather)..
Old 05-28-2013, 07:55 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by flyin_hawaiin
yes, the numbers are correct... our dynojet is extremely stingy too... typically reads 2-3% lower then most other dynojets.. probably because is 99% humidity in the shop (georgia weather)..

cliffy, you assume we are running 40psi... assumption isnt always right.. i have tuned THOUSANDS of cars and i know a few tricks of the trade.. and bumping pressure up to help with the fueling issue is not out of the realm of possibility..
I did not "assume" that, you client stated it was so, also I never put forth that bumping up the fuel pressure was "out of the realm of possibility". In fact it was just that possibility I put forth when questioning 300 HP at the wheels with 21 lb/h injectors.

While I have not tuned thousands of cars over 50 years I have built and tuned quite a few; and written EFI microcode ,and tuning software, and do get much more than just the general gist of how it's done...
Old 05-28-2013, 08:29 PM
04GTRed

Originally Posted by flyin_hawaiin
Thanks for the response!

Originally Posted by cliffyk
I did not "assume" that, you client stated it was so, also I never put forth that bumping up the fuel pressure was "out of the realm of possibility". In fact it was just that possibility I put forth when questioning 300 HP at the wheels with 21 lb/h injectors.

While I have not tuned thousands of cars over 50 years I have built and tuned quite a few; and written EFI microcode ,and tuning software, and do get much more than just the general gist of how it's done...
I guess at least this has shown how far you can push things. Now I am curious about how you change the fuel pressure on a returnless system. I did some pulls here with my scan tool and fuel pressure was pretty much dead nuts on 40psi under full acceleration. That is why I stated earlier that it was not changed. I am open to some schooling on this! It has to do with controlling the FPDM.