4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

2000 Convertible went over a median

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 01:24 PM
FlightlessFluzy

Default 2000 Convertible went over a median

Hey, first time posting.

So, my car recently lost control on a curve and went almost head on over a median (basically a really wide curb) when the gas was floored. Last time I'm ever letting anyone drive my car who talks up their racing game. We landed and somehow flipped a 90 degree and hit the opposite side of the road's curb which stopped us. Assessed damage was the skid plate on the bottom and my bumper appear to be the only things that hit the curb under the car, both right side tires separated from the wheels in the skid, all wheels were really ****ed from the impact of the curb plus scraping bare along the ground, and my damn window would only go up to the bottom of the seal, no more.

So I pulled the rear end and switched it out with an AR 8.8, pretty impressive how bent the thing was, and I've replaced all wheels and tires. My question is: what the hell else do I have to worry about? Impact was enough to **** my wheel to about 2'oclock going straight, and I've yet to align so she's got a pretty good pull to the right, but do I have to worry about the steering column or control arms in the front if I cant see any bends? She's not shaking at all, but I don't know if something else would pop up in the future instead of immediately showing. Also, the shocks still look good but should I get new ones anyway? Can the transmission take that much of a jolt and impact?

Thanks a bunch for any help!