4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

q's about install

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 02:00 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

Default q's about install

how hard is it to install the Eibach Pro Kit Spring Set

are there any special tools that are needed?

any imput is valuable
Old 11-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

Default RE: q's about install

back you will need a ratchet set and a crow bar.

the front now thats just funny. spring compressor and a lot of luck.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:59 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

wut changes can i expect from these?

plus

i heard that the spring compresser isnt nessisary?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

is it just me, or does whenever i post some question that i would like answered,

the post just dies and no1 helps me

iv asked this spring question about 138975 times over the last few months and i get maybe one response each time

also iv asked hundreds of exhaust questions to no avail as well
Old 11-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I installed a eibach pro kit springs in my 03 GT. I had to use a spring compressor for the front. All I had to do was unbolt the bolt the front shocks from the spindle and un bolt the sway bar bolts and put a hydralic jack under the A-arm. You dont even have to unbolt the tie-rods. Even with the A-arm fully extended down, the spring was still compressed. So I used this tool to compress the spring. http://www.etoolcart.com/index.asp?P...OD&ProdID=1357 I had to buy this for my 89 LX because all the other spring compressors didn't work, the k-member got in the way, or the tool wouldn't fit through the hole in the A-arm underneath the spring. But you may have luck with a different kind of spring compressor, that one is quite expenssive but worked perfectly for my install.So I compressed it and pull out the spring. If I remember right, I think the eibach springs just layed into place without a need for compressing it, so then you just jack up the A'arm to compress the spring and then bolt up the shock to the spindle.

For the rears I unbolted the upper control arms and unbolted the struts and put a juck under the center of the differential and lowered it until the springs were full loose. Then I just put the new springs in, make sure the end of the spring is facing toward the rear, and make sure both sides are the same way, or the car will be higher on one side than the other. Also replace the bump stop that is above the rear end with the one supplied from eibach. then bolt everything back up.

You can also just unbolt the rear sway bar and the lower control arm from the rear end and put a jack under that side of the control arm and lower it until the spring is loose and then replace it that way, But I didnt do it that way.

Also remember to put the spring issolators back on the eibach springs.

Hope this helped, if you have any other questions about this feel free to ask.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

You might have sucess with this kind of spring compressor, http://www.foranythingautomotive.com/KDT3450.jpg

Beleive it or not I took of my stock springs on my 89LX with a mcpherson strut spring compressor. http://www.thetoolsbar.com/prod_imag.../ACFYFVoeu.jpg

Taking the springs out is the easy part. You probably can take your springs out with either, go to Autozone. They will lend you one of these for free!! They have both these kinds, but not the one I have.

When I tryed to put the stock springs back in my 89LX I could not do it take save my life with either of the compressors. Thats why I bought the one I have now, its the best one I have ever used. But the eibach springs you have dont need to be compressed to be put it.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:50 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

I am planning on installing the eibach kit also, i found this link for spring installation, it is for a steeda kit, but i think spring kits all have the same install directions.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...edaspring1.htm

Good luck and make sure you post some pics after the install, and if you don't mind please send me a message letting me know how difficult the install was.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:42 PM
mustangsel
2nd Gear Member

It all depends on you. The back is very easy to do. The front you don't need a spring compressor. I heard that I needed it but I found it much much easier to do without it. You just have to be very carefull that the spring doesn't shoot out. If you know what you're doing and pay attention then you'll do just fine.