4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mileage on Mustang GT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 01:25 AM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mileage on Mustang GT?

ORIGINAL: GrayGhost01GT

No I live in Maryland not much snow but when in the Winter the car only sits in the Garage or under the cover. Never seen Snow, Hey guys does the rain have any deprecation I always see "Never seen rain" Does that make the car better ?[&:]
Well.. I THINK that the never seen rain thing means this:

In the rain this is more likely to happen...

-More crap flying off the road(s) from other cars hitting your car.
-More crap off the road flys up underneath your car and gets stuck there.
-More likely to scratch the car when washing it after it's been rained on. (rain absorbs dirt from the air as it falls that's why your car is dirty most of the time after the rain water has dried. Therefore when you wash it, you're more likely to run the little grits of dirt into the car...scratching it)

Those are just my ideas and theories.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:47 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: idcoocheimonster

When it comes to trade-ins and private party sales, mods actually decrease the value of the car...
trade-in's yes it does decrease $. I think private party is half and half. Would you pay MORE for a stock car vs. a car with say intake and exhaust, wide tires, gear? I doubt it. I just sold my GT for 11k with 55k miles. That thing is 7 years old. I didnt think that was too bad. The mods Definately helped me sell it for more, because i was selling it to another young adult. If you were selling it to a 60yr old lady, then maybe it would decrease the value, but from what I've seen, I think its the other way around.

P.S. I wouldnt want to buy a car that was/is aftermarket supercharged, or ran ALOT of juice. You never know what idiots do with FI. The other mods, you just put um on and go. I dont see whats so scary if someone has installed full exhaust on their car. IMO they are worth MORE not less.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

ORIGINAL: idcoocheimonster

When it comes to trade-ins and private party sales, mods actually decrease the value of the car...
trade-in's yes it does decrease $. I think private party is half and half. Would you pay MORE for a stock car vs. a car with say intake and exhaust, wide tires, gear? I doubt it. I just sold my GT for 11k with 55k miles. That thing is 7 years old. I didnt think that was too bad. The mods Definately helped me sell it for more, because i was selling it to another young adult. If you were selling it to a 60yr old lady, then maybe it would decrease the value, but from what I've seen, I think its the other way around.

P.S. I wouldnt want to buy a car that was/is aftermarket supercharged, or ran ALOT of juice. You never know what idiots do with FI. The other mods, you just put um on and go. I dont see whats so scary if someone has installed full exhaust on their car. IMO they are worth MORE not less.
You just said it yourself right there. The reason you would get less for a car with mods is because they DON'T know if you put them on right or what you've done. But on the other side I agree with you too. I personally, would rather buy a stock mustang OR a mustang with just simple mods. (i.e. exhaust, cold air intake, gears, pulleys) Anything other then that really...makes sense as to why it would be worth less. My $.02
Old 11-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

Sorry...I meant the s/c being questionable would be....how long has it been on there..what brand is it, how much boost is it running, how much was it beat on, etc.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:02 PM
1stgear
2nd Gear Member

ha! my 04 GT vert has 2300!!