4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Eibach sportline springs & 3.90 gears

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Jmills02

Default Eibach sportline springs & 3.90 gears

I was considering getting Ebiach Sportline springs for my 03' GT, they drop the car 2 inches, is this too much? Also will other suspension items be needed with this drastic of a drop? would i be better off to just go with the Pro Kit? Also i was going to get the pro 5.0 3.90 gears is the diablo sport predator tuner comapatable with this oddball gear ratio? thanks
Old 12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Eibach sportline springs & 3.90 gears

2" Drop, you will need Caster/Camber Plates, definitely. Also you should look into new Shocks/Struts.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:18 PM
jlauth
2nd Gear Member

just go with the pro kit you will be better off, smoother ride and will look just as good.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:40 PM
freeunit
2nd Gear Member

get the sportline thats what i have and the stance looks so good.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

2" Drop, you will need Caster/Camber Plates, definitely. Also you should look into new Shocks/Struts.
thats a lie...

i have no caster and camber plates. i just have my stock ones maxed out, and iam at negative .5 which is what steeda's camber is at STOCK.

Eibach website also says that struts and shocks are not needed and eibach springs will work fine with stock struts and shocks BUT is recommended to replace them for a lowered spec strut and shock.

i been running my car like this for over a year now. and its fine... and i am using Eibach Sportlines. Hell i didn't even install the rubber stomper that came with it. and the car rides fine. (keep in mind i live in the city and all the roads here are really good.. so maybe thats why i been doing so well)
Old 12-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

K, I'm a huge liar.

I can only imagine how much like a brick your car rides, not to mention how bad it yanks and pulls on small bumps/heaves in the road. Call me a liar, but my 02 GT only had a 1 1/2" drop and didn't "require" CC plates or shocks/struts, but she sure handled like crap and loved to pull on anything on the road.

Besides, you just completely contradicted yourself. They do recommend going with a new Strut/Shock setup.

I'm a liar!

Mind informing the uninformed (apparantly me) what a Rubber Stomper is? Thanks.

Again, I'm a liar!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

K, I'm a huge liar.

I can only imagine how much like a brick your car rides, not to mention how bad it yanks and pulls on small bumps/heaves in the road. Call me a liar, but my 02 GT only had a 1 1/2" drop and didn't "require" CC plates or shocks/struts, but she sure handled like crap and loved to pull on anything on the road.

Besides, you just completely contradicted yourself. They do recommend going with a new Strut/Shock setup.

I'm a liar!

Mind informing the uninformed (apparantly me) what a Rubber Stomper is? Thanks.

Again, I'm a liar!
are you ok?.......

well you said he NEEDed them. he doesn't NEED them they are recommended.

and yanks and pulls? mine never yanked and pulled when i had my stock rims and tires. but after i got really wide ones wheels and tires.. ya i have to admit it does pull on me on the road sometimes, but its not often and its not that bad. and having perfect 0 camber is not performance. look up steeda's track cars. the cobra R's and such they all have negative camber. like atleast 3 degrees negative camber.

with sportlines your camber should be around .5 and alot of people actually call that a performance alignment. YOU definitly need to get an allignment after you install the springs though. but you do not NEED to change the struts and shocks.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I'm perfectly fine, but when you say my information is wrong, when it is indeed NOT, I take offense to that.

With a 2 inch drop, if you don't want the harshest and nastiest rebound, you NEED new shocks and struts, if you don't, you are just going to cause extra wear and tear on your suspension, not to mention your tailbone from the bone jarring ride. To properly drop your car and not run into any uneven wear problems, get the CC's and save yourself the headache.

Their track cars have negative camber for a reason, also the inside of the tires wear faster that way too. All you need for your street car at the MOST is 1/2 degree negative camber, THAT'S ALL, some people feel a need to go with more negative camber though.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:35 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I have the Sportlines on the Cobra and I had to get CC plates and they still cant get it aligned just right. They look great and the car rides and handles even better!