4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Diablo Predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 06:20 PM
xkon
2nd Gear Member

Default Diablo Predator

I just got the diablo predator today, do i need to run premium for any kind of change i do to the car with the programmer(such as changing shift firmness) or only if i advance/retard spark? thanks
Old 01-09-2006, 07:17 PM
66_mustang_04
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Predator

if you do the predator tune yes you do have to run 92 octane or higher because it leans the air/fuel ratio. for the factory tune or original tune you dont. Also if you do any kind of advance timing.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:48 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

This might be a stupid question and i am surprised this isnt a sticky, but with a hand-held tuner, you jsut plug it in and change the parameters and then you dont use it? It is not like a chip that you plug in and leave there? If that is the case, why doesnt someone rent these things? I would like to see if i could get more outta my modest mods, but dont know enough to know what i am doing with it and would rather put that 3-400 towards some wheels or soemthing that i will use more than once and will sit in my toolbox. Again, i know i am ignorant on this subject, please flame gently....
Old 01-09-2006, 08:31 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

This might be a stupid question and i am surprised this isnt a sticky, but with a hand-held tuner, you jsut plug it in and change the parameters and then you dont use it? It is not like a chip that you plug in and leave there? If that is the case, why doesnt someone rent these things? I would like to see if i could get more outta my modest mods, but dont know enough to know what i am doing with it and would rather put that 3-400 towards some wheels or soemthing that i will use more than once and will sit in my toolbox. Again, i know i am ignorant on this subject, please flame gently....
there smarter than that. Say you load a Tune onto your "red" mustang. If you decide that you want to load a tune onto your "blue" mustang, you must first remove the tune from the "red" mustang. The tuner knows once you have removed the tune. Once the tune is removed you can use it on a different car. So no, you couldn't rent them, unless you just wanted to use it to check a code or somthing.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:50 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: dan

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

there smarter than that. Say you load a Tune onto your "red" mustang. If you decide that you want to load a tune onto your "blue" mustang, you must first remove the tune from the "red" mustang. The tuner knows once you have removed the tune. Once the tune is removed you can use it on a different car. So no, you couldn't rent them, unless you just wanted to use it to check a code or somthing.
That is 100% true.