4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

flowmaster mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 02:35 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Default RE: flowmaster mufflers

ORIGINAL: WAG03GT

I love my flowmasters !!!!!!
Congratulations.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:50 AM
WAG03GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

ORIGINAL: WAG03GT

I love my flowmasters !!!!!!
Congratulations.

Thanx man i appreciate it
Old 02-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

I think you will notice a much cleaner sound from the LM2's. My neighbor has them on his 02 GT and it sounds great. His idle is very deep and quite sexy I must say. I think you will be very pleased. As far as the sound and loudness over the Flowmasters, it all depends on what Flowmatser seiries you were running before... report back with the muffler type and we can give a better asnwer.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:32 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangman2354

Does anyone know how much deeper and louder it will be with slp lm2s then the flowmasters?
Flowmasters arent that much louder than stock (depending on which ones). And they usually sound like *** at WOT. It will probably be a different kind of deep so to speak...
notice what kind of exhaust you have... anyone with lm1s is gonna think flows sound like trash at wot
Old 02-14-2006, 05:42 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tcuallstar

Does anyone know how much deeper and louder it will be with slp lm2s then the flowmasters?
Flowmasters arent that much louder than stock (depending on which ones). And they usually sound like *** at WOT. It will probably be a different kind of deep so to speak...
notice what kind of exhaust you have... anyone with lm1s is gonna think flows sound like trash at wot
Im not even really that pleased with my exhaust at WOT. Itll get better when I get my O/R Pro-Chamber I hope. Flowmasters do haev a nice throaty when during normal in-town driving, but thats about all they have goin for em IMO.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:16 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Any LM owner is going to think EVERYTHING sounds like trash. Its like a cult of idiots that think loud=sex. I wouldnt put LM's on a mustang if u gave them to me for free. But of course, this is only MY opinion.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:22 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Any LM owner is going to think EVERYTHING sounds like trash. Its like a cult of idiots that think loud=sex. I wouldnt put LM's on a mustang if u gave them to me for free. But of course, this is only MY opinion.
Yes every LM owner has no taste in exhaust.... I, like most LM owners, like loud exhaust and a nice deep tone. LM's are loud and I like loud, but there are other exhaust systems out there that I like. Just because I like a certain muffler doesnt mean I am a closed-minded idiot. I just dont like Flowmasters....
Old 02-14-2006, 06:37 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

I was j/k man. I think they sound pretty good myself. Better than flowmaster for SURE! except for the 10 series! which are one of my all time favorites.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:38 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

I was j/k man. I think they sound pretty good myself. Better than flowmaster for SURE! except for the 10 series! which are one of my all time favorites.
+1 I do like the 10s. I havent heard them in person, but I did like the clip of them I heard.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:24 AM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

I did some research before I put my flows on my car, called flowmaster and talked to folks that had them. What I DID NOT WANT was the standard 40 series, too much drone at cruise, deteriorated sound at WOT. The new Super 40 series addresses that, and is the muffler that comes with the American thunder cat-back. I prefer a chambered muffler on my cars, you must have some back pressure on a N/A car or you will scavenge your intake charge and lose power. Flowmaster has the slickest baffle design going, I've used them on my cars from the 70's on. Yes, I'm old school, cuz, after 50 years of life I cant help it!
John

Quick Reply: flowmaster mufflers