4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

WHY

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 01:57 PM
hunter9s
1st Gear Member

Default WHY

First and fore most I just really got into cars within the last year, I mean I always loved them but mechanically and making HP Im not that good at it. I bought a 2002 Mustang GT back in Aug of last year. From reading here, buying books etc I sort of developed a plan that matched my pocket book and the oddest thing happened and I don't know why. I will List what I did and what I want to do yet. New Goodyears all the way around, Dynomax exhaust, new Platinums, lower drive pullys ( just did them), I hand made a cold air intake ( I was a plumber before I got injured and became disabled). Now this may be part of what happened. I basically ran 3" pvc reduced it at the TB then weaved it to my K&N which I did NOT take to a wheel well and the K & N is in like a shell. I ran it to a spot where I was putting air against the throttle body. I installed a Steeda tri axe shifter into the 3650 tremec tranny. Now after all these changes I could feel a good boost, it ran prettygood and fairly fast. My next move was going to be a BBK 75mm combination Throttle body / Plenium, but I skipped that part because I got a Diablo Predator sport on sale 347.00 and everyone else wanted 399.00 for it. I don't know if you can see but I had an order to what I was doing and the Diablo should have been last and I am doing this as I have the extra $$$. So I installed the tune, took about 1/2 hour. I just wish I had some one who frequents the forum live close to me to testify to what Im gonna tell you. After the tune I took the car to one of my favorite run areas. We have alot of like road course roads with straight aways that are really safe. So I could tell when I started it and drove it down there it was different we have alot of city cops so I don't light it up in town its too loud. So I get there and dead stop and I light it up and HOLY FREAKIN COW that thing through the first 2 gears kept you pinned to your seat then third its like it just really dug in I looked at the speedo and I was at almost 90 I had it now in 4th and now had to slow down for a curve and I was at 120. I hit the "ROAD" cousre part of the run so I had to gear down it was a freaking ball down shifting and upshifting. This is totally a different car WHY WHY WHY??? I expexted this once I got more air and fuel to it with 75mm TB and Plenium give me your opinion. I think its because I sort of have ram air. Let me know what you think.

Steve
Old 02-18-2006, 02:04 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WHY

So what's the question? Why does your car haul *** now?
Old 02-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Ram air generally won't make a difference you can feel.

When you do mods, your butt-dyno takes over and makes a car feel more powerfull and much more fun to drive. When I swapped to 4.30 gears in my GT it felt like a whole new car and I had the same feeling you had for a couple months.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:12 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

it'll feel stock in a few months after you get used to it. my blown GT doesn't even feel fast to me anymore.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:13 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

it'll feel stock in a few months after you get used to it. my blown GT doesn't even feel fast to me anymore.
Maybe because your clutch belt is getting worn out... Or maybe you should refill your blinker fluid....

And people wonder how I have 1000 posts in one month....
Old 02-18-2006, 02:22 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

my blinker fluid IS getting a little low...
Old 02-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I started getting used to my Cobra before I put it in storage, I've gotten a couple chances to take it out so far this year and I'm no longer used to it
Old 02-18-2006, 04:15 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

ORIGINAL: nanaki

Maybe because your clutch belt is getting worn out... Or maybe you should refill your blinker fluid....

And people wonder how I have 1000 posts in one month....
no shame in being a post *****.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

So your custom CAI is made out of PVC piping? I bet that looks awesome
Old 02-18-2006, 06:19 PM
hunter9s
1st Gear Member

Im not sure if that was sarcastic or not but I was a plumber/pipefitter for 25 years so yeah it does look awesome. It sort of stuck out being white so I did paint it black so you really don't notice it.

Steve