4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

lowering questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 07:20 PM
bad_example

Default RE: lowering questions...

I lowered mine 2 inches and was moderately satisfied. It rode like *** though until I put the adjustables on it. Also when I took it to have it aligned they did it 3 times within a month and a half, hence the CC kit. If they can align it without the kit then thats great. Unfortunately I wasnt that lucky.
Holla
Old 02-19-2006, 08:13 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

adjustables? you mean shocks right? What does that do to make it more smooth. Mine is a little rougher than stock, not too bad though. But, wouldnt mind smoother.... what kind of shocks you have now?
Old 02-20-2006, 02:48 PM
stilllearnin
2nd Gear Member

So who can i have do this? A buisness or should i look for someone who just does it for money on the side?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
bad_example

ORIGINAL: ToplessGT

adjustables? you mean shocks right? What does that do to make it more smooth. Mine is a little rougher than stock, not too bad though. But, wouldnt mind smoother.... what kind of shocks you have now?
Koni adjustable shocks. It allows more travel over your stock shocks. Spent about $300. It still does not ride quite as nice as stock but mine rode like crap so I had to get them. I porobably cant give you the best explanation of how this works exactly but I can find out if you want. The guy that helped me put mine on explained it to a T, I just cant remember exactly what he said.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:28 PM
bad_example

ORIGINAL: stilllearnin

So who can i have do this? A buisness or should i look for someone who just does it for money on the side?
You could probably do it yourself. I found detailed instructions online that made putting on the springs really easy. If you dont have the tools then If you know someone that does that can help would be your best option. It took me and my brother about 4 hours and we had never done it before.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:37 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bad_example

ORIGINAL: ToplessGT

Koni adjustable shocks. It allows more travel over your stock shocks. Spent about $300. It still does not ride quite as nice as stock but mine rode like crap so I had to get them. I porobably cant give you the best explanation of how this works exactly but I can find out if you want. The guy that helped me put mine on explained it to a T, I just cant remember exactly what he said.

k, thanks for the info.. mine does ride rougher, but not bad.

as for doing it yourself, its not that bad of a job. Go to autozone and there spring compressor... they will loan it to you free!! Get it for the weekend, you will have to compress the front ones only, the back just came off. Installing new shocks/struts took longer than the actual springs did....
Old 02-20-2006, 03:43 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Do it yourself
Old 02-21-2006, 01:04 AM
stilllearnin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bad_example

You could probably do it yourself. I found detailed instructions online that made putting on the springs really easy. If you dont have the tools then If you know someone that does that can help would be your best option. It took me and my brother about 4 hours and we had never done it before.

Alright good so what size drop should i go with and still be safe with just springs?