4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

03 Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 03 Mach 1

Thanks for the praise and encouragment. My sixxer is my first car ever and first mustang. So I doggy paddled in the shallow end and now im ready to go cannonball the deep end.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

I went from an 02 V6 to my Mach...
Um yeah.. be prepared to build in a respirator for when you put the pedal to the floow becausechances are you'll lose your breath a bit.

What color??
Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 PM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

Ok heres an update. So before i went to work today (work at H-E-B) I cruised on down to take a look at my new baby. Same old grandpa dealer comes waddling out and says hello. Say Im back to look at it and such and he asks if I know how to drive standard. No mind you my first experience with an standard was a GT500. Ya talk about skipping crawling, walking, running and going straight to flying. So he tosses me the keys and says I can take it for a spin. Got in and remembered what stone629 said and revved the living **** outta that mach. Set off every alarm around me and really pissed off the other workers who now had to go turn off every alarm. So I take it out of the lot with relative ease and the grandpa is pointing out all this and that on the car, really wasnt listening until he said "after all its just a mustang, nothing too special." Now Im still a noob at manual transmission but I do understand "pedal to the metal". So I mash the gas, stomp the clutch, throw it in second, slam down on the gas again and take off with that beautiful mach blarring. The grandpa let out a bit of a yelp and was firmly put in his seat as was I. Im not too sure how I managed it but I was able to downshift pretty easily and come to a stop and take it back to the lot. I got out feeling pretty cocky about my shifting abilities and nearly nutted from that car. The grandpa kinda didnt wanna talk much and said I could come back tomorrow to finalize everything and pick it up. Now i by no means think Im suddenly a pro at shifting because Im not, really I think that mustang was helping me out on the shifting (if you can believe that cars got personalities and such).

Heres a link with some pics of it. Its red and sorry, thought the rims where black, they are chrome or something like that.
http://www.getauto.com/autolinks_car.../x_group_id-c8

Basically its got a clean bill of health and the guy that owned it before me traded it in for a Saleen. As far as I know it doesnt have the head tick. No really annoying sounds, just that deep rumble that makes the girls all want to f*ck you. Ill keep yall posted on the play by play as the next day or two rolls around. Hopefully Ill be joining the ranks of the mach's very soon
Old 10-23-2007, 09:56 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChrisRod

Ok heres an update. So before i went to work today (work at H-E-B) I cruised on down to take a look at my new baby. Same old grandpa dealer comes waddling out and says hello. Say Im back to look at it and such and he asks if I know how to drive standard. No mind you my first experience with an standard was a GT500. Ya talk about skipping crawling, walking, running and going straight to flying. So he tosses me the keys and says I can take it for a spin. Got in and remembered what stone629 said and revved the living **** outta that mach. Set off every alarm around me and really pissed off the other workers who now had to go turn off every alarm. So I take it out of the lot with relative ease and the grandpa is pointing out all this and that on the car, really wasnt listening until he said "after all its just a mustang, nothing too special." Now Im still a noob at manual transmission but I do understand "pedal to the metal". So I mash the gas, stomp the clutch, throw it in second, slam down on the gas again and take off with that beautiful mach blarring. The grandpa let out a bit of a yelp and was firmly put in his seat as was I. Im not too sure how I managed it but I was able to downshift pretty easily and come to a stop and take it back to the lot. I got out feeling pretty cocky about my shifting abilities and nearly nutted from that car. The grandpa kinda didnt wanna talk much and said I could come back tomorrow to finalize everything and pick it up. Now i by no means think Im suddenly a pro at shifting because Im not, really I think that mustang was helping me out on the shifting (if you can believe that cars got personalities and such).

Heres a link with some pics of it. Its red and sorry, thought the rims where black, they are chrome or something like that.

Basically its got a clean bill of health and the guy that owned it before me traded it in for a Saleen. As far as I know it doesnt have the head tick. No really annoying sounds, just that deep rumble that makes the girls all want to f*ck you. Ill keep yall posted on the play by play as the next day or two rolls around. Hopefully Ill be joining the ranks of the mach's very soon
Got you PM... looks great! And you wanna talk about rumble?? Wait until you throw on full MAC exhaust... now we're talkin' rumble [8D]
Old 10-23-2007, 09:58 PM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

ORIGINAL: ChrisRod

Got you PM... looks great! And you wanna talk about rumble?? Wait until you throw on full MAC exhaust... now we're talkin' rumble [8D]
Yup but its been sitting there for a while so I gotta wash it when I take it home. What do you suggest for an exhaust? The full MAC? Loudmouths? Im kinda wanting an X pipe. IMO its louder than the H
Old 10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

didhauling assmake him eat his words, "its just a mustang"?

I had a customer in for an oil change and I was trying to work him to get synthetic, he said "oh, no, its jsut mustang" I was pissed, needless to say, he didnt get his tires checked, lol hahahaha
Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 PM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GhostRider02GT

didhauling assmake him eat his words, "its just a mustang"?

I had a customer in for an oil change and I was trying to work him to get synthetic, he said "oh, no, its jsut mustang" I was pissed, needless to say, he didnt get his tires checked, lol hahahaha
He totally ate those words. Its amazing how if it doesnt have BMW or something like that on it the car is suddenly crap. Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, Dodge Charger. Thats american muscle and the first 65 mustangs that came out is the car that started it all. Jesus have some love for the roots man.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Chris, I'll send ya a PM in regards to exhaust... I'm practically God of exhaust since I swithc it up every month it seems
Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Nelson21
1st Gear Member

Those are the chrome version of the special Mach1 stock rims.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Hahah, I love it, I bet that old man shat his depends

Quick Reply: 03 Mach 1