4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I am getting a 98 mustang gt. What should I do to it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:42 PM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I am getting a 98 mustang gt. What should I do to it?

ORIGINAL: 2k6silvergt

How much are you looking to spend and where do you want to go with the car? Daily driver, weekend toy with occassional track visits, track car.

Here is a list of some of the mods my buddy has on his 98 to give you an idea of different things. And right now we are installing 60lb injectors, 2800 sct maf, lontubes, and prochamber.

Vortech supercharger with aftercooler 12psi
pi upper intake manifold w/ bbk 80mm throttle body, trickflow pleneum, and 80 mm c&l mass air
custom 4 inch power pipe
Foxlake stage 1 heads
Vt stage 3 blower cams
fms shorties
bbk x pipe
flows
eagle rods and pistons, 03/04 cobra crank
block has been bored and milled .030 over
auburn rear end w/ 4.10 gears(this thing flies of the line)
gripps control arms
koni shocks and struts
eibach springs
full msd ignition DIS-4 module, with wires, blaster coils, and distrubtor
42 lb injectors, s.s fuel lines, walbro 255 in-tank and in-line fuel pumps
18 inch chrome mach 1s
autometer gauages
498rwhp, 481rwtq
got any pics of that beast?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:08 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antwaan

haha, come on man, that is harsh
Yeah, yeah, but everyone knows it's true. Everyone out there who put money into their 2v's sais if they did it all over again they wouldn't do it again! Full exhaust and gears is all I would put into a 2v again! Other than that, my old 2v is in pieces on the garage floor since I traded it for a cobra motor!

Ohh, Demon_head when are you gonna take a picture of your car with the jack out from under the front?

.....lol................ get some 1.5" BBK's They are nice and cheap for quality! It'll set your car proper! I have 1.5" up front and .75" out back! She sits pretty
Old 12-11-2007, 11:43 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

You should sell it. 2v non-pi motors are junk and you'll waste your money modding it!

Ohh and what was Mexgt thinking??? This is the 2v 4.6 section...DUH
eh if he can do the work himself a PI swap isnt too bad and thats a good boost
Old 12-11-2007, 11:43 PM
pallidamors
Banned

dont buy it
Old 12-12-2007, 08:17 AM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

You should sell it. 2v non-pi motors are junk and you'll waste your money modding it!

Ohh and what was Mexgt thinking??? This is the 2v 4.6 section...DUH

Wrong. Actually a stock 2v non-pi motor with a pi swap will have more hp than a stock pi motor.

And once again, If you would think before you speak.. It wasn't in this section, the mods moved it here.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:55 AM
rd50stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: basebalplaya

Looking to spend $500 i have been thinking about a mac catback exhaust.
I thought you said it already has new exhaust. What does it have right now?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:05 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Yeah, yeah, but everyone knows it's true. Everyone out there who put money into their 2v's sais if they did it all over again they wouldn't do it again! Full exhaust and gears is all I would put into a 2v again! Other than that, my old 2v is in pieces on the garage floor since I traded it for a cobra motor!

Ohh, Demon_head when are you gonna take a picture of your car with the jack out from under the front?

.....lol................ get some 1.5" BBK's They are nice and cheap for quality! It'll set your car proper! I have 1.5" up front and .75" out back! She sits pretty
More like everyone that put money into their 2v building the motor for a n/a application wouldn't do it again. 400+ WHP in a cam only stock motor + boost... you don't see me complaining...
Old 12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
antwaan
3rd Gear Member

lol well exhaust and gears is the only thing i planned on doing anyways, other than a few appearance mods. i cant afford to do anything to the engine really.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 PM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

lol, i keep it that high so when i go chasin' after midgets they go under the car and don't mess up my hood!!!!

nah, i'm gonna lower her one day, i've just had $0 to put into her the past year
Old 12-12-2007, 02:25 PM
96mod289
2nd Gear Member

if you only want to spend 500 you wont get very far. you could put together a nitrouskit,but that is iffy. depending on what you want out of the car i would go from there. you have to decide if you want a drag,track or just a show car. then make a plan. you can throw a bunch of money at a car, but if you dont know what you want in the end you wont gain much.

Quick Reply: I am getting a 98 mustang gt. What should I do to it?