4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Check out my new toy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 12:42 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Check out my new toy!

ORIGINAL: mustangman5089

ORIGINAL: tbirdscwd

The software works the same way a predator or SCT dealers software works, it just gives you end user the adjustability. I comes with a flash box which can store up to 5 tunes (6 including your stock one), USB cable, OBDII cable, and all the required software. Basically you install the software on your comp, read the stock tune off your ECU with the flash box, load the stock tune to your PC (it uses this as a starting point), and create as many custom tune files as you want, put up to 5 of them on your flash box, and flash then reflash your ECU. The software is super easy to use. It uses drop down menus and you just select what your car has and it will create a base tune for your car. You can then fine tune it as much as you want even though my first try was pretty dead on. I just got it tonight and am still playing around with it, but I will do a write up soon. The basic Special Forces lets you adjust way more than any handheld, and the Commando Kit is full control of everything in your cars computer. And I haven't used the data logging yet but it looks awesome.
I might have to put this on my future mod list then, I was just going to get a dyno tune but I might give this a try instead. Thanks for the info.
This kit and a wideband sensor and you might never have to pay for dyno time ever again unless you want to see what your pushing.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:21 AM
N2O98gt
2nd Gear Member

sick man, post some numbers when you get a chance.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:45 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I got my sniper SF sitting at home waiting for me to get there and use it. I paid just under $300 for it. I have used it before on a buddys car. I installed a vortech sc on his car and used the sniper to tune it. No dyno was needed so it really saved him alot. He had a wide band and the A/F was dead on. I will be tuning my 2 mustangs with it then tuning my friends cars for them as long as they pay for the bullet.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:16 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

I got my sniper SF sitting at home waiting for me to get there and use it. I paid just under $300 for it. I have used it before on a buddys car. I installed a vortech sc on his car and used the sniper to tune it. No dyno was needed so it really saved him alot. He had a wide band and the A/F was dead on. I will be tuning my 2 mustangs with it then tuning my friends cars for them as long as they pay for the bullet.
damn so u can use it however many times you want, and it dosnt lock to cars? sounds like a winner to me
Old 01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Fobra
Banned

well while it seems likea great tool, I think you have to be careful or at least model your tune after other peoples conservative tunes, because w/o the use ofa dyno your tune might be too good and exceed the power the limit you might be needing to keep the motor together. But of course being able to tune yourself is pretty trick, and it would really cheap to just use somebody elses dyno for the run (or even maybe free) if you did the tuning on it. Pretty cool, look forward to awrite up!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:18 AM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

damn so u can use it however many times you want, and it dosnt lock to cars? sounds like a winner to me
That is one of the great things about it. The Special Forces comes with 2 bullets, so you can tune 2 different cars. If you want to tune more than that, you just need to purchase another bullet. Another cool thing is, you can create as many tunes as you wish.

For example.......say you have the typical bolt ons and you have an SF tune for it. Good! Now, you bolt on a s/c, just go and creaste a new file to support the blower. Another......... say s/c set up. You can make different tunes for street /race...pump/race gas.

Casey
Old 01-26-2008, 11:22 AM
dtkikols
2nd Gear Member

tbirdscwd can you post some screen shots of the adjustable parameters in the program?? im really concidering buying this package. thanks!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:53 AM
jlw2387
3rd Gear Member

Yeah man this stuff looks neat, whats the difference between the two packages and does it have anything in it to enter in your cams?
Old 01-26-2008, 12:43 PM
jsmarsh25
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jlw2387

Yeah man this stuff looks neat, whats the difference between the two packages and does it have anything in it to enter in your cams?
i'd also like to know that answer
Old 01-26-2008, 12:53 PM
jlw2387
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jsmarsh25

ORIGINAL: jlw2387

i'd also like to know that answer
Yeah, If this sounds good ill sell my Xcal, and get one of these and charge my buddy $150 to tune his car. lol.

Quick Reply: Check out my new toy!