4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

had a close race (almost ashamed to admit it)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

Default RE: had a close race (almost ashamed to admit it)

so you guys just stopped in the middle of the highway? thats wild but i would be more scared about cops doing that then a bunch of cars driving somewhere together
Old 07-23-2008, 01:47 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

uhh civic would have a better chance from a dig than from a roll, in most instances with the exception of gears in the stang, im guessing uhave 4.10s or 4.30s? also, you pulled late in the race did you not? if he was gettin closer in the end thats one big turbo lol... well for a honda anyway.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:49 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: art02gt

Nice kill. Just if you can, keep it off the streets.
i see you post alot like this and i understand your point, if im ever on the street its just me and the other guy, and we both know the risks, i don't think its such a bad thing as long as you're sure no one else is gonna get hurt even if the worst possible thing happens. as dave chappelle once said, "sometimes you just gotta race" yeah he may have been on p.c.p but whats the point of living if you dont feel alive? Gotta let loose once in a while.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 AM
ChucksBullitt
2nd Gear Member

kid probably had a B18 with a t3/4. while not alot of horsepower it does spool quickly and wont overpower the fronts too much. (yeah i know, i used to hang with the ricers back in the day) if set up correctly. some of those civs are sneaky. we have a few 11 and 10sec ones running around the streets here.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 AM
art02gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SVTeeshirt

i see you post alot like this and i understand your point, if im ever on the street its just me and the other guy, and we both know the risks, i don't think its such a bad thing as long as you're sure no one else is gonna get hurt even if the worst possible thing happens. as dave chappelle once said, "sometimes you just gotta race" yeah he may have been on p.c.p but whats the point of living if you dont feel alive? Gotta let loose once in a while.
yeah man, don't get me wrong. i'm not judging you guys. all i'm saying is to try and keep it safe in the most polite manner, i'm not trying to start any arguement. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Just today a car in a street race rammed into an SUV killing the mother of two kids instantly the kids were also in the SUV.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChucksBullitt

kid probably had a B18 with a t3/4. while not alot of horsepower it does spool quickly and wont overpower the fronts too much. (yeah i know, i used to hang with the ricers back in the day) if set up correctly. some of those civs are sneaky. we have a few 11 and 10sec ones running around the streets here.
no shame in running with the honda kids, as long as there done right hondas aren't necessarly ricers but tuners, idc make fun of me if you want but there is a difference and its a big one.

i respect just about anything fast.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:16 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

yeah man, don't get me wrong. i'm not judging you guys. all i'm saying is to try and keep it safe in the most polite manner, i'm not trying to start any arguement. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Just today a car in a street race rammed into an SUV killing the mother of two kids instantly the kids were also in the SUV.
thats sad to hear and thats why i don't drive like an idiot around other people, if i lose my own life thats one thing but i couldn't stand taking someone elses.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:23 AM
art02gt
3rd Gear Member

thats sad to hear and thats why i don't drive like an idiot around other people, if i lose my own life thats one thing but i couldn't stand taking someone elses.
yeah i know what you mean. there are a lot of idiot drivers around here. the kind that goon myspace and post about a 'dumbass' F-150 who wouldn't get out of their way at 120mph on the freeway. i can't stand them. But as long as you know what you're doing, then my best wishes to you.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:05 AM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kmelfi11

so you guys just stopped in the middle of the highway? thats wild but i would be more scared about cops doing that then a bunch of cars driving somewhere together
no, there is a highway that gets little to no traffic at night. We drove about 10 miles to get to the highway.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

uhh civic would have a better chance from a dig than from a roll, in most instances with the exception of gears in the stang, im guessing uhave 4.10s or 4.30s? also, you pulled late in the race did you not? if he was gettin closer in the end thats one big turbo lol... well for a honda anyway.
I have gears and I pulled on him the whole way, what I said was that I slowly pulled on him, not pulled late or he was gaining. My car pulls like (or better than) an LS1 or 03 Cobra from a roll.

Quick Reply: had a close race (almost ashamed to admit it)