4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

just instaled AC delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
wow u guys that cant live without a/c are weenies lol. The ONLY time i use a/c is when me and the wifey are going out or somthing.
Wifey? WTF? When did you get married?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:03 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

I think he was kidding...?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

she must have already taken his cajones and hid them from him.

I don't think my car even had AC when I bought the thing, and never even wanted it in the 110* heat here
Old 01-26-2009, 12:21 AM
iMTB
2nd Gear Member

I live in Florida. A/C is for bitches.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 AM
mustangman281
Banned

If I need to ride with a/c I drive the vert. Thats only in the rain or if the wife doesn't want to mess her hair.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:10 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
If I need to ride with a/c I drive the vert. Thats only in the rain or if the wife doesn't want to mess her hair.
+1...I only use A/C if its raining of if the gf starts complaining about the windows being open. I actually thought about taking it out when I was putting my blower on...
Old 01-26-2009, 07:44 PM
mattjonesva@hotmail.com

At the expense of sounding like a d-bag I will say this....they say for every 100 pounds you get 10hp back and thats not even to the wheels....so for all that trouble you maybe gained 5rwhp if your lucky. When it gets hot your going to be kicking your self especially if the car has been sitting out for a while on a hot day AC does wonders in the summer. If your going for weight reduction hard core remove all the seats throw in some light weight racing seats, take out the spare, jack, all the carpeting, change electrical windows to manual...like they do with honda hatches just the basics....but unless your going extreme like that I'd say you should've kept the a/c I bet the power gain is similar to adding an intake if that.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mattjonesva@hotmail.com
At the expense of sounding like a d-bag I will say this....they say for every 100 pounds you get 10hp back and thats not even to the wheels....so for all that trouble you maybe gained 5rwhp if your lucky. When it gets hot your going to be kicking your self especially if the car has been sitting out for a while on a hot day AC does wonders in the summer. If your going for weight reduction hard core remove all the seats throw in some light weight racing seats, take out the spare, jack, all the carpeting, change electrical windows to manual...like they do with honda hatches just the basics....but unless your going extreme like that I'd say you should've kept the a/c I bet the power gain is similar to adding an intake if that.
Nobody does A/C delete for HP gains. With the A/C off, you don't use any extra power, it's just and idler pulley. And dropping weight doesn't add HP. It makes the car lighter and changed the power to weight ratio.

And it cleans up the engine bay. Mustangs have big windows. Maybe your candy *** needs A/C, but we'll be fine.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:26 PM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

My A/C doesn't even work due to a shrader valve leak so I never use it anyway. If I don't sell it I'm def doing this.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:28 PM
yelw02GT
3rd Gear Member

yeah im with xemeth on this..ive lived without ac for over 2 years because all my **** leaked out so it didnt bother me one bit to loose the extra weight and have a motor that revs up a little quicker, ive learned to get by without it, dont matter if its hot or raining, and by the way CT has some hot sticky *** days that im sure would match some of that southern weather...andd by the way ive already gutted most of interior

Quick Reply: just instaled AC delete