4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

GT rear bumper on V6

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 03:12 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
some people cant afford a gt and dont want a foxbody.... if he has 3-4k to spend on a car, a v6 may be the only option.

insurance is a whole 10 bucks more on a terminator, and you will lose 2mpg....why the hell did you buy a gt...sarcasm
The price difference between a V6 and a GT is relatively close. GT and a Termi......not even close. Get real.

There are deals on the early SN-95's out there, whether it be a 5.0 or a NPI 4.6. When was the last time you seen a solid deal on a Termi?
Old 03-04-2009, 03:33 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by black35th
The price difference between a V6 and a GT is relatively close. GT and a Termi......not even close. Get real.

There are deals on the early SN-95's out there, whether it be a 5.0 or a NPI 4.6. When was the last time you seen a solid deal on a Termi?
about a month ago when my uncle bought his for 14K yea it has 88K on it but still runs great
Old 03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

lmao at npi gts...ide rather have a new edge sixxer...both are slower than ****

i love how 2v guys take a **** on v6 owners, acting like they own pro stock cars
Old 03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

I'm not taking a **** on anyone, nor did I ever say that I have a pro stock car or even a "fast" car for that matter. My car is slow, I'll admit it, its no secret that basically stock 2v's aren't that fast.

But, my car will always be faster than a V6 with the same mods, not to mention the sound. V8>V6 on any model-any year, NPI or not.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:45 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Old 03-04-2009, 06:47 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

lmao at npi gts...ide rather have a new edge sixxer...both are slower than ****

i love how 2v guys take a **** on v6 owners, acting like they own pro stock cars
Whos taking a **** on anyone? sounds like your on a soap box to me..
Old 03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Whos taking a **** on anyone? sounds like your on a soap box to me..
i was speaking mainly to you actually.... go re-read your posts and if you cant see what im talking about, then youre either too thick or you just dont want to see it

the kid is 16, cant afford a GT....you play it off in your first post like they are the same exact price, mainly saying that people would be stupid to purchase a v6 for cost reasons... if a v6 is all he can afford, thats none of your business...he came in asking a question, and people jumped him about his car...its just not right.... some people really take for granted the things they can afford

funny thing is...if he posted up saying hes 16 and his parents are buying him an 04 gt with 10k miles and hes looking for a cobra bumper to charge on their credit card, you all would still give him **** for his parents buying it... he cant afford a gt, so a sixxer isnt good enough, but if someone else bought him a gt, he wouldnt be good enough

this whole gt vs sixxer thing is lamer than **** really.... everyone who buys a sixxer has their reason, same for a person who buys a gt, or cobra, or any other car for that matter....people dont think " well i got 20 grand to spend on a car...i really like going fast and i really like mustangs...but instead of the cobra, im going to get a v6, just because"

theres always a reason, maybe you should stop to find out before passing judgement

and im not only referring to this thread....im speaking in general because this type of thing comes up a LOT

/rant

Last edited by 99BlackPonyGT; 03-04-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:05 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

and i dont what you mean by a soap box...ive never heard that

sorry if that post came off assholish, i just get tired of people always putting down on others who cant afford to own gts... a few grand may not seem like a lot to some people, and to others it is a lot of money
Old 03-04-2009, 07:06 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

i was speaking mainly to you actually.... go re-read your posts and if you cant see what im talking about, then youre either too thick or you just dont want to see it

the kid is 16, cant afford a GT....you play it off in your first post like they are the same exact price, mainly saying that people would be stupid to purchase a v6 for cost reasons... if a v6 is all he can afford, thats none of your business...he came in asking a question, and people jumped him about his car...its just not right.... some people really take for granted the things they can afford

funny thing is...if he posted up saying hes 16 and his parents are buying him an 04 gt with 10k miles and hes looking for a cobra bumper to charge on their credit card, you all would still give him **** for his parents buying it... he cant afford a gt, so a sixxer isnt good enough, but if someone else bought him a gt, he wouldnt be good enough

this whole gt vs sixxer thing is lamer than **** really.... everyone who buys a sixxer has their reason, same for a person who buys a gt, or cobra, or any other car for that matter....people dont think " well i got 20 grand to spend on a car...i really like going fast and i really like mustangs...but instead of the cobra, im going to get a v6, just because"

theres always a reason, maybe you should stop to find out before passing judgement

and im not only referring to this thread....im speaking in general because this type of thing comes up a LOT

/rant

dude you can get a GT for next to nothing.. it doesnt have to be a new edge.. im not gonna sit here and e fight with you because your on your soap box about this. look in your local CL and tell me u cant find a GT for around the same price as a v6.. if u cant well come to texas there are tons. as for u trying to preach to me about his age/or monetary situation.. i dont really care.. whats 1000 more dollars when u can get a better car.. thats a few extra months working at mcdonalds.

And nobody is even talking about GT vs sixxer here so shut up about that.. it wasnt even brought up.. why buy a V6 when u can get a GT for a grand more was all i was saying

Last edited by H0SS302; 03-04-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by H0SS302
dude you can get a GT for next to nothing.. it doesnt have to be a new edge.. im not gonna sit here and e fight with you because your on your soap box about this. look in your local CL and tell me u cant find a GT for around the same price as a v6.. if u cant well come to texas there are tons. as for u trying to preach to me about his age/or monetary situation.. i dont really care.. whats 1000 more dollars when u can get a better car.. thats a few extra months working at mcdonalds.

And nobody is even talking about GT vs sixxer here so shut up about that.. it wasnt even brought up.. why buy a V6 when u can get a GT for a grand more was all i was saying
like i said before...if my options were new edge v6 vs 94-98 gt, i would take the new edge.... i would refuse to own something i dislike looking at....you can get a fairly nice v6 new edge for 3-4k... the only new edge gt youre getting for 3-4k is going to be beat, hard.

a nice new edge gt can be had for 6 if you look hard and find the right person, but thats not an option to everyone....sorry youre so close minded that you cant see that....

and a thousand more dollars may not be a few months working at mcdonalds... i work part time while im in school and only make about 600-800 a month after taxes, and i pay out 400 a month on bills, not including gas....so if i started saving up a grand, it would take quite a while, and i definately do not make minimum wage

and like i already said...idk wtf soap box means

if a thousand dollars was pocket change to everyone, nobody would be driving around $800 beaters as their only transportation...go on craigslist and tell me nobody owns a car thats worth less than a grand

Quick Reply: GT rear bumper on V6