4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Ahhh #$%^#@$%^#& wheel locks!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 AM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

If you have a big one of those that is what getafewlives was talking about.

Also the 12 point socket thing has yet to fail me. (craftsman FTW)
Old 03-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by defconfire

If you have a big one of those that is what getafewlives was talking about.

Also the 12 point socket thing has yet to fail me. (craftsman FTW)
LOL, i know, i was being sarcastic. i have a set of them. But they are either too small or to big to where it hits the inner lug hole on the rim. I just got off the phone with discount tire and they said they will do it for $40. so i think i am going to run over there in a min as it is right next to my work. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

the 12pt. trick works like a charm, i don't remember what size i used though....
Old 03-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

OK so F#$K Discount tire!!!! Went over there gave them the keys and the guy was like "well get it off for you". I was like cool. So im sitting inside and i hear my car go bye. i'm like yea, thank god i wont have to wait long. So i hear him reving the engine so i walk out side and see him gunning it to get into the garage. (garage floor is higher than the drivway) So i am walking to the car and i hear him using the impact gun. as i turn the corner, fiirst off i notice that he obviously hit the raised cement in the garage and broke the tab that is inbetween the bumper and the fender. The corner of the bumper was pushed away from the fender. Then i notice that after i told him that i have a set of lock breakers and the whole story, he used a lock breaker on a impacked hun and f-d up the wheel lug hole. And still did not succeed in getting the lock off.

He was like " im not going to be able to get it. Its hitting the inside of the wheel and i dont want to mess up your rims"
I was like WTF!!!!!!!are you doing.
He was lke"what?"
i said first off, WTF did you do to my bumper?!?!
He goes, I didnt do that.
I told him that it wasnt like this when i brought it to him and that he obviously hit the garage concrete.
He goes " no we didn't, we just drove it up here."

So i grab my keys from him and took off. F-ing idiots.
I was able to put the remainig piece of the tab back in place but it will never be the same obviously. and the rim is ok i guess. Really cant tell unless you are taking the lugs off or at that level. But jesusfing christ! You would think these idiots would be like, man this is a nice car i better take care of it....
I guess not.

Whoever said they worked for discount. Not intending any of this towards you as i am sure you are diff.
Pisses me off. I will never go back for anything. So i guess i am going to do it myself now.
Sorry for the rant but i felt like punching his bumb @ss in the face when i saw it.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

damn man sorry to hear that and just to let you know that it is company policy that if they mess something up on a customers car that store has to pay to have it fixed so really they have to fix your bumper and buy you a new wheel
Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
damn man sorry to hear that and just to let you know that it is company policy that if they mess something up on a customers car that store has to pay to have it fixed so really they have to fix your bumper and buy you a new wheel
Thanks, im going to call them right now.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:58 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
Thanks, im going to call them right now.
+1... i had a buddy who ripped a bead on a customers tire, and he had to buy him a new tire out of his own paycheck, shop ordered the tire for customer and the tech had to pay the shop for it...that would sure teach him
Old 03-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Tim99GT did you go to a Discount Tire in Lafayette LA?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Tim99GT did you go to a Discount Tire in Lafayette LA?

yes, why?
Old 03-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Because there are no Discount Tires in Lafayette. Actually there are no DT in the state of LA.

Quick Reply: Ahhh #$%^#@$%^#& wheel locks!!!!!!!!