which way to go? - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

which way to go?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 05-05-2009, 06:36 PM
  #21  
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,839
Default

Originally Posted by Hangwire View Post
Also.......keep in mind he says he wants it to be a street car. As soon as he drops a different block in there its street ILLEGAL. Uh oh!
who cares about if its legal or not? soon as you drop in an o/r pipe it becomes illegal
99BlackPonyGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:55 PM
  #22  
Hangwire
4th Gear Member
 
Hangwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Default

Uhhhhhh.......maybe somebody who drives the ****ing thing every day on regulated streets?

He directly stated he wanted it to be a "street" car, if you have a problem talk to him, kthx.

Cats reduce your HP by 1% at worst, theres GOBS of incredibly fast stangs with cats. O/R is nowhere near required for a fast car. Put totally equivalent cars next to each other except one has no cats. Best driver wins.

Last edited by Hangwire; 05-05-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Hangwire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 PM
  #23  
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,839
Default

Originally Posted by Hangwire View Post
Uhhhhhh.......maybe somebody who drives the ****ing thing every day on regulated streets?

He directly stated he wanted it to be a "street" car, if you have a problem talk to him, kthx.

Cats reduce your HP by 1% at worst, theres GOBS of incredibly fast stangs with cats. O/R is nowhere near required for a fast car. Put totally equivalent cars next to each other except one has no cats. Best driver wins.
where did i mention performance and cats having anything to do with each other...youre trying to tell me that any car that is not street legal is no longer a street car? youre a ****ing idiot dude, stop being such a ******** and go back to lurking, you wont be missed
99BlackPonyGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:19 PM
  #24  
Hangwire
4th Gear Member
 
Hangwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Default

Hoss will be thoroughly missing your incredible input in his thread.

I'll answer your ridiculously dumb question that you initially directed at me again.....Who cares if its street legal? Somebody who drives their car on the street every day. A soon as you drop another block in your engine you don't even have a legitimate VIN anymore. Ask everybody here how ok they are with that. Thats WHO. O/R mid pipes are not part-and-parcel to any performance mustang build and that's exactly what you insinuated. Enjoy your cameo in the world of reality.

OP the answer to attaining a Vette killer has pretty much been summed up in the first page. However I think you can definitely develop a vette killer without swapping blocks.
Hangwire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:28 PM
  #25  
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,839
Default

Originally Posted by Hangwire View Post
Hoss will be thoroughly missing your incredible input in his thread.

I'll answer your ridiculously dumb question that you initially directed at me again.....Who cares if its street legal? Somebody who drives their car on the street every day. A soon as you drop another block in your engine you don't even have a legitimate VIN anymore. Ask everybody here how ok they are with that. Thats WHO. O/R mid pipes are not part-and-parcel to any performance mustang build and that's exactly what you insinuated. Enjoy your cameo in the world of reality.

OP the answer to attaining a Vette killer has pretty much been summed up in the first page. However I think you can definitely develop a vette killer without swapping blocks.
hoss hasnt posted in this thread

and your argument about VIN is wrong, as long as its not a VIN that has been registered as stolen you are fine.... thats why you can have a used motor dropped in that does not match the car it is going in, and it still be perfectly legal.... i didnt insinuate anything about performance and offroad pipes, go read again....you said that it wont be a street car anymore if he puts a new block in it, and i said who cares if its street legal? its illegal as soon as you put o/r pipes on it.....and since 75% of people here run o/r pipes, i was making a point that just because a car with o/r pipes isnt street legal, it is still a street car...i never mentioned performance at all
99BlackPonyGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:30 PM
  #26  
Hangwire
4th Gear Member
 
Hangwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Default

You might wanna quickly re-read what I typed and what you responded with.

"English muthafuka!....do you speak it?"

I'll bow out of this one now. Point is made.
Hangwire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
  #27  
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,839
Default

Originally Posted by Hangwire View Post
You might wanna quickly re-read what I typed and what you responded with.

"English muthafuka!....do you speak it?"

I'll bow out of this one now. Point is made.
i still dont see how i said anything about o/r pipes and performance....please show me
99BlackPonyGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 PM
  #28  
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member
 
mustangmancp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,503
Default

ok ok u two...calm down. And its definatley not ILLEGAL to swap blocks...or it would be stated on the site, or it would be common knowledge.
mustangmancp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 

Forum Jump

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory