4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need advice on race!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Fobra
Banned

Im not arguing, there is nothing to "argue" about... just fanboys gettin butt hurt over their feelings... its typical. As much as they hate me, I dont hate them... they'll figure it out eventually.

Last edited by Fobra; 06-17-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fobra
Im not arguing, there is nothing to "argue" about... just fanboys gettin butt hurt over their feelings... its typical. As much as they hate me, I dont hate them... they'll figure it out eventually.
Dude it just seem thou that every thread you are in all you do is talk about LS1's, LS2's and how much better and more reliable they are. Their are alot of modular motors that are very reliable and just as fast as if not faster then a LS1. I am not a fan boy by any means since I have owned a 96 camaro LT1 and I loved that car. In fact I love all cars. But all you do is talk up LS1, I never see you say anything good about modular motors.

I have beating alot of LS1's and have not lost to one yet in my terminator, so modular motors can be fast. You just seem to be very 1-sided
Old 06-17-2009, 08:03 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fobra
Maybe you haven't been paying attention...

I understand your a fanboy, but widen your horizons a little bit. I hate to break it to you, but modulars are slow... just because you can rape a honda, doesn't mean its fast. Yes I drive a mustang to... why? because its good looking, cheap, easy to work on and has good performance for what it is (289). But Im not delusional. For building a "race car", like those threads you looked at, where people were looking to buy a new motor and swap it in... yes I will always recommend anything other than a 4.6 modular, for obvious reasons if ever spent time outside of a mustang forum, sorry its just a fact of life. That said, can a modular be fast? Sure, my friend has a 2.3 whipple cobra w/ n20. Its a nice car, he makes 625 rwhp w/o the spray... but my "race car" [if and when I ever get the money to finish it ] will make that n/a.

Modulars are reliable, sound great and offer decent performance for a stock car, but in the racing world and people I hang out with (LSs, BBCs and BBHs) my modular is = to a honda. So dont take it personally, there is no reason to. I drive a mustang to, it must have some good points or I wouldn't drive it would I? This forum normally has a sense a center, offers balanced opinions based on facts... not worrying about getting but hurt about the car you drive being God's gift.
just the response i was expecting....you arent even worth arguing with.

btw....still haven't heard of or seen what type of absolute beast that you are rolling in. i mean it must be fast if modulars are slow.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:13 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

When did this thread take a wrong turn. When are the results of the race going to be posted!!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
just the response i was expecting....you arent even worth arguing with.

btw....still haven't heard of or seen what type of absolute beast that you are rolling in. i mean it must be fast if modulars are slow.

hooked on phonics didn't work for you....