4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Anyone else have a Livernois built motor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by neubstang
Jivepepper: It looks like you had no problem with 60lb. injectors on your setup, do you have a built motor as well?

Sxynerd: I have not heard anything bad with motors from Livernois, did you have a customer service issue or somthing? As to the other comment you made about Livernois, do they have some good looking women working there?
Yes, twice. Long and short the picking fatass chode that works at the desk is a retard that had me drive down 2 hours to pick up parts that where still on back order. (Yes, I caught him picking his nose when I walked in.)

From what I can tell, they don't skimp out on any parts when they build an engine but they are way over priced. They are in the same situation as Andersons and a few other Michigan shops; they get profiled a few times in magazines, then their prices sky rocket. There is no reason a short block needs to cost $5k.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Yes, twice. Long and short the picking fatass chode that works at the desk is a retard that had me drive down 2 hours to pick up parts that where still on back order. (Yes, I caught him picking his nose when I walked in.)

From what I can tell, they don't skimp out on any parts when they build an engine but they are way over priced. They are in the same situation as Andersons and a few other Michigan shops; they get profiled a few times in magazines, then their prices sky rocket. There is no reason a short block needs to cost $5k.
5K for a shortblock holy **** that is crazy.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:44 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I live 10 min. from them. I've never had any work done by them because their prices were too high, but they have always been extremely nice and helpful to me.

If it was me i would go with Modular Performance for any type of modular engine work. The owner of this company is one of the very best modular engine builders in the entire country.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
neubstang
1st Gear Member

I ordered the motor from Dave Ameduri at Livernois, he seemed easy to deal with. Has anyone on the boards ever dealt with him directly, or met him down at Livernois? Maybe he was being nice to me because, I dropped some serious coin on a compleate motor? I have never heard anything bad about thier motors, and I am hoping for a motor that is as nasty as possible. They did get me on a core charge, and thier labor charge is a little high as well. The only good part is the motor will be basically drop in upon arrival to me, just bolt on the Kenne Bell and a good dyno tuning session. I was thinking of ordering a set of the valve covers that Mososo now makes for the 2V, has anyone seen or have these covers? The covers are a little expensive $500.00, but you really only have these and the BBK's to choose from?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:12 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I think that mustangman281 has them on his car if im not mistaken. They do look good and hopefully when i put cams in this summer i can afford a set of them myself.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 PM
neubstang
1st Gear Member

I got in touch with Livernois today, and they said to expect my new motor on Monday! My tranny is not even done yet, I did not expect the motor that quick?! I better get the fuel system, headers and everything else ordered up right away. It looks like I may actually make it to fun Ford and Tasca day, at New England Dragway this year.