4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Black Pacesetter Longtubes

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Sonic_Stang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chubstang
The Pacesetter stock replacement and "sport" exhausts I've installed at my work have all been junk. This is all stuff for classic British sports cars though so it might be different for American cars. The overall quality and finish is poor and rarely fits without modification.
Modification and Longtube headers do not belong in the same sentence together so I better stay away from these L/T haha I might as well go with a brand I've heard tons of good things from then chance it haha thanks for the help!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic_Stang
Dang yeah I don't mind if it's not the next cheap bolt on I just wanna make sure it's not an overated upgrade I'll be dissapointed with. After this I'm going to grab some spray for my car I noticed your running it. Would you recommend a wet or dry kit? and what shot would be safe on a stock 4.6 2V?
Well, both types are good...both have their ups and downs. I run a dry kit, and haven't had a single problem in the year it's been on. I run a 100 shot, and it netted me over 100 rwhp and over 200 rwtq. I've ran it like this for over a year, with a good custom tune, and all has been good. A dry kit is a little easier to install, but a wet kit doesn't need as much custom tuning. I can't tell you one is better than the other, because in the end, they're both great when properly setup.

Also, based on what you said, you may want to forget about the other cheap bolt ons then. I personally don't regret doing them, because i still get to use them with the juice. You really won't feel them, so for you, you might regret them.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Sonic_Stang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Well, both types are good...both have their ups and downs. I run a dry kit, and haven't had a single problem in the year it's been on. I run a 100 shot, and it netted me over 100 rwhp and over 200 rwtq. I've ran it like this for over a year, with a good custom tune, and all has been good. A dry kit is a little easier to install, but a wet kit doesn't need as much custom tuning. I can't tell you one is better than the other, because in the end, they're both great when properly setup.

Also, based on what you said, you may want to forget about the other cheap bolt ons then. I personally don't regret doing them, because i still get to use them with the juice. You really won't feel them, so for you, you might regret them.
Yeah I wanna feel a big difference from the mods I throw on. I won't be dragging it so the small differences aren't a huge deal for me. Thanks so much for all your help it's helped me pull the trigger, hopefully I can get rid of this damn mod bug! haha
Old 08-04-2009, 03:48 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic_Stang
Yeah I wanna feel a big difference from the mods I throw on. I won't be dragging it so the small differences aren't a huge deal for me. Thanks so much for all your help it's helped me pull the trigger, hopefully I can get rid of this damn mod bug! haha
No problem! I wish you the best of luck!

BTW, from my personal experience, the mod bug will not go away no matter what you do. I thought when i did the juice i'd be happy for a while. Even though it was by far the best upgrade i've done, the satisfaction lasted for a month or two. Now i want cams...lol. It never ends
Old 08-04-2009, 05:41 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Its a curse I say!