4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:20 AM
c_espitia
2nd Gear Member

Default I need help!

i have an 02 GT and i want to fix the car little by little in order to reach around 350 RWHP. the first question is my car is stock how much RWHP do i have now? and I want to buy shortie bbk headers a catted bbk x pipe borla exhaust, pullies, 3.73 gears with the SCT tuner, cold air intake throttle body and what else should i get. I want to change cams pistons and heads later on. i was thinking comp cams stage 2? what kind of heads should I get and what kind of pistons someone told me i should go with the roush kit? plese give me advice i come home from iraq soon and i want to have the parts ready.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:30 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Buy a blower and call it done. Don't waste your money on useless bolt ons. You have in the neighborhood or 225rwhp stock. A supercharger and a safe tune will easily net you the gains you are looking for. If, later down the road you want to upgrade the internals, you need to do it all or don't do it. If you want to stay N/A and reach 350rwhp, its not going to be nearly as cheap as a blower. H/C/I will run you bout 3200$ for the new Trick Flow setup. ON top of that you will need a full exhaust, LT headers back. So thats another say 1500$ That would net you maybe 300-320 rwhp, if you upgrade the internals, and bump the compression a bit, you could see 350rwhp. So figure another 2k$ minumum for internals. And this is all if you do all labor yourself. If not, add another couple thousand for everything installed. Not to mention a tune, and tuner. Thats another 500-700 bones. So, N/A you are looking at say 10K if you don't do any work yourself, or 4-5k for a vortech kit installed. Your choice.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

you can keep the 3.73's no pullies still do LT headers back with exhaust, then supercharge it. after this is done your going to have to get it tuned anyway, theres your SCT cold air intake you can do as well. you dont' want shorty heads.. LT=long tube if you do cams/pistons, have to correlate with the supercharger, can't have to much duration or lift with the charger. pistons you dont want to have to much compression, all of that said without the charger, you want the opposite.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

i'm in the same boat as you, building a block on the side, do your research and hit up this thread, they have awesome information.