4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

under drive pulleys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:13 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

I felt more pull with the steeda pullies. You'll feel it man, trust.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:57 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

i dont trust you...i dont know you
Old 08-20-2009, 10:50 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

I think what it comes down to is whether or not spending $150-200 is worth gaining only 5rwhp (if that).
Old 08-20-2009, 11:55 AM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

For those of us that don't need a bazillion hp and just want a quick street car they make sense, after other mods of course....
Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 PM
loweredfourpointsix
2nd Gear Member

Will UDP from a 99' Gt fit on my 02' Gt?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
domindart
3rd Gear Member

So will having a bigger alternator fix any chances of drag on the system?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:13 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by POISND U
For those of us that don't need a bazillion hp and just want a quick street car they make sense, after other mods of course....
well for you and the other 4v guys i feel the Cobra R pullies (replica by march?) work better than any steeda or bbk underdrive pullies.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:24 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
u didn't add anything you simply transfered the power, its like an aluminum driveshaft.(well not exactly but sort of the same principal.)

yes there is more power going to the rearwheels but not because you added any but because you found a more efficent way to power the accessories therefore more power is freed up to go elsewhere.

you basically took what i said and reworded it but tweaked it a little, but if u have 260bhp and u add pullies.... you still have 260bhp. So really you are not ADDING anything, just becoming more efficent.
Again you are focusing on bhp. Most people focus on rwhp. Basic math, the + means addition. You are adding rwhp. If you were to work out the equation 250rwhp + 5rwhp = 255rwhp. Addition. To say they dont add any hp(which they dont to the engine) it steers someone away who doesn't know exactly what you are saying. So that person may pass up buying udps when in fact they may have wanted to gain 5 rwhp. So yes I am rewording what you are saying yet in a positive and informative way, rather than a negative way.

Last edited by lilcrate; 08-20-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:42 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

pullies dont "ADD" any power, they simply free up power from accessories that can be transfered to the rear wheels.
Originally Posted by lilcrate
They don't add hp to the engine. They add a little bit hp to the wheels which is what most people care about. If you have 225rwhp and get pulleys and have 230rwhp. You just added 5rwhp.
Originally Posted by lilcrate
Again you are focusing on bhp. Most people focus on rwhp. Basic math, the + means addition. You are adding rwhp. If you were to work out the equation 250rwhp + 5rwhp = 255rwhp. Addition. To say they dont add any hp(which they dont to the engine) it steers someone away who doesn't know exactly what you are saying. So that person may pass up buying udps when in fact they may have wanted to gain 5 rwhp. So yes I am rewording what you are saying yet in a positive and informative way, rather than a negative way.

If you can't use common sense to figure out what i just said i don't think you have the sense to install pullies anyway, you just took what i said from a highschool level of comprehension to a middle school level of comprehension. No i was not "focusing" on bhp as i said in my first quoted post it frees up more power to be used at the rear wheels, and as i said recently its just being more efficent with what you already have. Yes you put more power at the rearwheels, i just don't understand why you had to take what i said and "dumb it down."

i'm done here, my .02 pullies are a waste for the 2v, esp if u ever have any future F/I plans.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:55 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

If you can't use common sense to figure out what i just said i don't think you have the sense to install pullies anyway, you just took what i said from a highschool level of comprehension to a middle school level of comprehension. No i was not "focusing" on bhp as i said in my first quoted post it frees up more power to be used at the rear wheels, and as i said recently its just being more efficent with what you already have. Yes you put more power at the rearwheels, i just don't understand why you had to take what i said and "dumb it down."

i'm done here, my .02 pullies are a waste for the 2v, esp if u ever have any future F/I plans.
Ok, well sorry if I upset you by explaining it in a more understandable way. I am just use to doing that as I am a manager. But my .02 would be if you don't mind spending the dough for a small gain and have no plans for a charger anytime soon then do it. I did feel them a little bit I believe. I want a charger and will eventually get one and sell these pullies used when I do and probably take a 100 dollar hit. So I say get them if they are applicable to your current goals.

Quick Reply: under drive pulleys?