4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

new here! please help me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Default new here! please help me!

so i jsut bought a 99 mustang gt. im new to the ford world and want to get started! i want this car to be a nice cruiser, and im afraid of nawzzz it will blow up my enginez

where to start with mods? i know i need to get a cold air intake, but which brand is best? the ebay ones are $20 and the ones from performancericer.com are $450...they must be better huh?

also, i want to do full bolt ons, because i only have 3 grand to spend on the car right now...but i was thinking of gears...what gears are better, 3.73 or 4.10s? im thinking 3.73, i dont want to get 5mpg LOL

also, i want to get an upgraded performance shifter. i was looking at b&m rippers and a jegs custom short throw shifter...does anyone know anything about these???

how much hp will i have with just the shifter and light up windshield squirters? how about after i add all my modifications on? what times will i run? im a REALLY good driver

yea i know, people say its impossible to be a good driver at age 17, but trust me i am. all my friends say im a badass when were chirping second gear and not losing control of the car.

should i upgrade my tires? im afraid to DD on my drag radials, i dont want to die.

sorry for all the questions, im jsut new to this, i used to be a chevy guy, but not ever since i drove my mustang!!

any other advice to make my car one phat whip? i already ordered a steeda double step race wing with functional downforce ducktail addon, and my 22x7" enkei wheels will be here on tuesday

im so excited to get modding on my first mustang, and i cant wait to hear all of your guys' advice without ever hitting the search button or scrolling the first 2 pages of the forum!! help me out!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

stickers... stickers... and more stickers.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Buy a JLT Cold Air Intake, and shove it up your ***. Use Royal Purple Synthetic motor oil for lube.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
so i jsut bought a 99 mustang gt. im new to the ford world and want to get started! i want this car to be a nice cruiser, and im afraid of nawzzz it will blow up my enginez

where to start with mods? i know i need to get a cold air intake, but which brand is best? the ebay ones are $20 and the ones from performancericer.com are $450...they must be better huh?

also, i want to do full bolt ons, because i only have 3 grand to spend on the car right now...but i was thinking of gears...what gears are better, 3.73 or 4.10s? im thinking 3.73, i dont want to get 5mpg LOL

also, i want to get an upgraded performance shifter. i was looking at b&m rippers and a jegs custom short throw shifter...does anyone know anything about these???

how much hp will i have with just the shifter and light up windshield squirters? how about after i add all my modifications on? what times will i run? im a REALLY good driver

yea i know, people say its impossible to be a good driver at age 17, but trust me i am. all my friends say im a badass when were chirping second gear and not losing control of the car.

should i upgrade my tires? im afraid to DD on my drag radials, i dont want to die.

sorry for all the questions, im jsut new to this, i used to be a chevy guy, but not ever since i drove my mustang!!

any other advice to make my car one phat whip? i already ordered a steeda double step race wing with functional downforce ducktail addon, and my 22x7" enkei wheels will be here on tuesday

im so excited to get modding on my first mustang, and i cant wait to hear all of your guys' advice without ever hitting the search button or scrolling the first 2 pages of the forum!! help me out!!!

If you wanna beat your buddies badass honda CRX, you'l need one of these!

http://www.vorteccyclone.com/vorteccyclone.html
Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

For the life of me, I will never understand why people don't use the search function.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:55 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

hahaha. I saw the title, and looked to see who started it and I was like oh god this has to be good
Old 09-10-2009, 03:42 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

ROTFL....I didnt even get past the first line of text, Im laughing uncontrollably its hard to type.....omg...
Old 09-10-2009, 03:45 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

HHAH that was pretty damn funny...

lizzy is def going to beat your azzz... runnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 09-10-2009, 03:56 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
HHAH that was pretty damn funny...

lizzy is def going to beat your azzz... runnnnnnnnnnnnn
i bet he atleast chuckles...if not, i swear to god he is a robot...
Old 09-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT

hahahahahahaha