4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

think I fell in love with a car.. Not a mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 05:20 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

Default think I fell in love with a car.. Not a mustang?

I test drove yesterday a 2010 evo just for fun and now I find myself unable to stop thinking about it... The awd was amazing.. It felt so fast too cuz of the turbo. It was my first time ever driving a car with boost so idk if it's just that or if I really don love that car. Lol.. I just keep thinkin about the test drive and now I'm even trying to figure out how to actually gather the money to buy this thing! Am I out of my mind or really in love?????

I've been driving mustangs for about 4 years now and I love em but maybe the extreme change was what did it for me? And I mean everyone likes a new car.. What do u guys think of all this..I am beginning to get a lil sick of my car and I feel like the potential it once had is now gone.. Should I go for this awd monster or just s.c the stang???

I'm already committed to selling my v6 stang which would leave me with the gt all year round. I know a bunch of u guys must use your stangs in the winter but idk... Awd.. Don't need drs at the track.. Runs equal to or faster bone stock than my car does now... Input? Would u all call me a ricer if I stuck around
Old 03-04-2010, 05:27 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

Just put a blower on it, you will be in love again with the stang.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:01 PM
k2xsnow
1st Gear Member

Can't go wrong with an evo. They are badass
Old 03-04-2010, 07:09 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

last body style evo looked better...new ones look like dick IMO
Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

^plus one, hate the new body style
Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

you love two things with the evo i bet new car and the boost. Go ahead and put a blower on your stang and keep the v6 for winters if you have a cold climate.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:15 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

guy i knows evo...best body style for them, and i would take one over a 2v any day of the week, no questions asked....but not so much the new one...i would drive it if it was given to me, but i would never buy one
Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

The power spoiled you, and going back to your stangs makes it feel slow. Give it a few weeks you will get over it.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:04 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

throw a blower on the stang. its cheaper than buying a new evo, and youll be faster.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:22 PM
fidelcastrol
2nd Gear Member

The gt is a more reliable car, the last turbo mitsu I owned was a 1988 Chrysler Conquest TSI it was 4 yrs old when I got it and it blew 2 headgaskets in 10 months and cracked the head and a bunch of little bs sensors. The car was fast handled great look sexy but all those issue left me with a real bad taste in my mouth for mitsu's. Stick with the stang at least you can upgrade for less than half the cost, most every autopart store has parts in stock, and you can actually work on the car without needing a degree in computer science. Oh and the Conquest never overheated or anything for all that to fail and I never raced it, just alittle spirited driving. I killed this car when I found out the head was cracked. I let all the coolant burn off and drove it in NYC traffic for 3 months with zero coolant and the engine never died. I sold that pos to my cousin for $600. I reckon the synthetic oil kept it alive, although it smoked like a steam engine when I got done. Almost forgot I blew a freeze out plug too clean off the back of the engine.

Quick Reply: think I fell in love with a car.. Not a mustang?