4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Opinions on some visual upgrades I think I want done....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:53 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

^^^listen to all he says lol
Old 03-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Until you get a rear strut brace...be careful about accelerating heavily. If you unintentionally spin the tires and they start hopping...(and sometimes hops violently) I'd be afraid of a clamp popping off.

+1 on the smoked tails and HID's. But...seriously think about cutting those springs a little bit. With that much power at the wheels bud you should not cut corners in the suspension area...or you might end up IN a corner. HAHA I made a funny!!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Wifeys03Cobra
1st Gear Member

I honestly dont know if it has a tune...... I just bought this car of the dealer lot the only thing i have done is buy the nitto DRs and those lame clamps that i have lol (that i will be taking off now....) i am hoping it has a tune...... I have raced it against my friends supercharged EG and the boost is between 13-15 (im guessing the boost gauge doesnt go that high i can just see that the needle dumps way below)havent had any problems when running with the boost that high..... so im assuming it has a tune. Its ookay im open to constructive criticism (as you can tell i dont know a whole lot about these cars so im trying to learn) so you not coming off as an @ss...... okay maybe a little...lol jk
Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

good one...and if your friends are running those clamps for a year like you stated, are they running them on cobras with serious RWHP, or are they driving hondas lol
Old 03-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wifeys03Cobra
I honestly dont know if it has a tune...... I just bought this car of the dealer lot the only thing i have done is buy the nitto DRs and those lame clamps that i have lol (that i will be taking off now....) i am hoping it has a tune...... I have raced it against my friends supercharged EG and the boost is between 13-15 (im guessing the boost gauge doesnt go that high i can just see that the needle dumps way below)havent had any problems when running with the boost that high..... so im assuming it has a tune. Its ookay im open to constructive criticism (as you can tell i dont know a whole lot about these cars so im trying to learn) so you not coming off as an @ss...... okay maybe a little...lol jk
Just because it runs ok does not me it has a tune in it. Honestly I would not race it anymore until you get it dyno tuned and get that air/fuel checked and have the car dialed in. These cars are way to expensive to have something major go wrong with them.

The rule of thumb with our cars is you do a pulley swap and dyno tune at the same time.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Wifeys03Cobra
1st Gear Member

OKAY enough with the clamps already IM TAKING THEM OFF lol
Old 03-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

haha This is fun. It's like bringing someone into the light from the 'darkside'.

Honda's are cool and stuff in their own right. But you've entered into a different world of performance with your new car brother. Be good to it! And treat that throttle with respect. Seriously.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:52 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

these things would break if you hit a pot hole at a decent speed and slammed hard enough.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:09 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

o my goodness...i cant believe those are sitting on a termi right now lol, thats frightening
Old 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Wifeys03Cobra
1st Gear Member

okay okay.... thanks for all the info....... I think my brain has had enough constructive criticism for today lol but yeah i will take the clamps off...... and again thanks for all the info i am taking notes lol

Quick Reply: Opinions on some visual upgrades I think I want done....