4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Nitrous....help me

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM
mustangGT7822
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
Plus, are you running one step colder plugs?
Yes i am...im running autolite ar94 plugs which I was told by someone on this website was one step cooler than my stock plug.

Thanks for all the help guys..Gotta love this website.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by mustangGT7822
Yes i am...im running autolite ar94 plugs which I was told by someone on this website was one step cooler than my stock plug.

Take them out or run a 100+ shot.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:55 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

His plugs aren't the problem...he's running rich...get it tuned right or run the stock tune w 93 oct
Old 04-19-2010, 07:06 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

not to sound like a d!ck but this is what I meant by vague. Originally you said that ALL your mods were in your sig. Your plugs were not listed. It's like the more we ask, the more you start to reveal. We still don't know what rpm you are spraying from and to, don't know what the plugs look like, what the gap is, if you have a FPSS or not. I have bent over to help many people but like the old saying goes... help me help you. I, nor anyone else will give you any solid answers until we have solid information.
sig shows all mods. its a dynotune wet kit with 024 on the fuel jet (i think) and 042 on the nitrous jet (once again..99% sure) ...bottle psi was about 900 when i tested..no window switch or anything just manual on and off with a TPS switch on the throttle body
is there a reason why you couldn't pull the jets to make sure which ones are in there instead of an "i think" answer? If you don't know, how in the hell are we going to know. So you give us an unsure reply, will you be satisfied with an unsure answer? BTW YOUR SIG SAYS NOTHING OF A DYNOTUNE KIT!

oh and its got an sct chip from american muscle thats tuned for a 100 shot...could that be the problem...do i have more retardation than i need?
tell us how much... IF ANY timing has been pulled? I, or anyone else have no clue what in your tune.

IMO this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Either someone is going to say something (just trying to help)that you take as gospel and fvck your **** up or you'll be calling AM saying, "hey they said you sold me a bad tune", etc. Either way I see blaming coming up... maybe I'm wrong.

How much do you know about nitrous? How much research did you do before hand? Have you ever examined the sparkplugs? I feel like I can go on and on asking and asking b/c you won't just come right out and lay it all on the table.

Last edited by 01GT4.6; 04-19-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:11 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dimebag
His plugs aren't the problem...he's running rich...get it tuned right or run the stock tune w 93 oct
more than likely so... but who knows, if his 100 shot tune has zero timing pulled, no fuel added and is tuned for 93 octane, that may not be the case. There may be another issue. Also if he's getting spark blowout, that could cause it to have unburned fuel, thus causing it to run rich.... due to the plugs. There are just waaaayyy too many variables, but it's likely to be something simple.

Last edited by 01GT4.6; 04-19-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Exactly....we need to know a lot more. God knows if its nitrous related I know the ans lol but not w limited info lol
Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Texas01GT
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=01GT4.6;6953806]not to sound like a d!ck but this is what I meant by vague. Originally you said that ALL your mods were in your sig. Your plugs were not listed. It's like the more we ask, the more you start to reveal. We still don't know what rpm you are spraying from and to, don't know what the plugs look like, what the gap is, if you have a FPSS or not. I have bent over to help many people but like the old saying goes... help me help you. I, nor anyone else will give you any solid answers until we have solid information.
is there a reason why you couldn't pull the jets to make sure which ones are in there instead of an "i think" answer? If you don't know, how in the hell are we going to know. So you give us an unsure reply, will you be satisfied with an unsure answer? BTW YOUR SIG SAYS NOTHING OF A DYNOTUNE KIT!

I dont want to sound like a dick either but who lists their spark plugs as a mod???? and i would guess his sig doesnt say anything about the nitrous kit because thats what this whole thread is about so clearly he has it on his car.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

this thread is a mess, OP, do some digging and figure out what you're really working with...when something is on your car and YOU ARE THE ONE THAT DID IT, you should be able to lay all the information down..these guys have a lot of info on pretty much anything on nitrous, you just need to list everything, exactly everything done to the car to help them
Old 04-20-2010, 11:13 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

[quote=Texas01GT;6956303]
Originally Posted by 01GT4.6
not to sound like a d!ck but this is what I meant by vague. Originally you said that ALL your mods were in your sig. Your plugs were not listed. It's like the more we ask, the more you start to reveal. We still don't know what rpm you are spraying from and to, don't know what the plugs look like, what the gap is, if you have a FPSS or not. I have bent over to help many people but like the old saying goes... help me help you. I, nor anyone else will give you any solid answers until we have solid information.

I dont want to sound like a dick either but who lists their spark plugs as a mod???? and i would guess his sig doesnt say anything about the nitrous kit because thats what this whole thread is about so clearly he has it on his car.
I think you missed my point, he's asking for specific help and giving limited info. If I had a nitrous problem I would lay everything out on the table, as far as info. IMO it's not our job to ask questions over and over and over and over just so we can help him. He has to put forth the effort. Don't be lazy when someones asks about his setup and say, all my mods are in my sig. I personally listed NUMEROUS things that he should have mentioned before it even got this far. Now I don't mind if I sound like a d!ck with the following statement... it's people like him that give N2O a bad name. He'll be one of the few that have a bad experience with it, b/c he is INEXPERIENCED with it and too lazy to give us the info the WE need to help HIM. I guess I should have said that to begin with.

Last edited by 01GT4.6; 04-20-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 PM
mustangGT7822
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=01GT4.6;6956505]
Originally Posted by Texas01GT
I think you missed my point, he's asking for specific help and giving limited info. If I had a nitrous problem I would lay everything out on the table, as far as info. IMO it's not our job to ask questions over and over and over and over just so we can help him. He has to put forth the effort. Don't be lazy when someones asks about his setup and say, all my mods are in my sig. I personally listed NUMEROUS things that he should have mentioned before it even got this far. Now I don't mind if I sound like a d!ck with the following statement... it's people like him that give N2O a bad name. He'll be one of the few that have a bad experience with it, b/c he is INEXPERIENCED with it and too lazy to give us the info the WE need to help HIM. I guess I should have said that to begin with.
Okay then if you can list NUMEROUS things then how about list them instead of trying to be a d!ck??? Yeah I admit that I am inexperienced with nitrous..i bet you were the same way at some point in your life so how about stop ******* on me and try to help a bit....I get that im not giving you enough info but i also need to know what info you need....i cant just read your mind and know nor do i know off the top of my head because this is pretty much my first time to ever mess with nitrous anything...

Okay so here is what i came up with...on a 75 shot with fuel at 024 and nitrous at 042 i used stock plugs and the tune for a first run on 91 and the car bogged down and did the backfiring/popping noise..the plugs came out burned to H3ll but the car still ran fine so I so I guess the plugs looked worse than they actually were...i switched to the ar94 autolites for the most recent try and I could feel the car suck me back a bit which is good because it didnt bog down ( and before 01GT4.6 says anything..yes I purged the nitrous line) and the popping still happened but not as bad (90 in the tank)...it just rained here so im stuck planning for awhile till the rain stops and the roads dry up...any ideas??