4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

getting dyno tuned tomorrow!

Old 05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Default getting dyno tuned tomorrow!

finally finished all my ****! im scheduled for my dyno tune tomorrow morning! will post numbers and vids tomorrow. i know alot of you guys are curious about the mhs cams
Old 05-03-2010, 04:14 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

I'll be interested in seeing how those cams measure up to their reputation. Did you degree them?
Should be decent power with cams and a bump in compression.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd
I'll be interested in seeing how those cams measure up to their reputation. Did you degree them?
Should be decent power with cams and a bump in compression.
unfortunately i did not degree them. i dont have the tool for it and i dont know anyone who has one, but i checked for clearance about a million times before i put it all together
Old 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

What do you plan on getting?... whats your hp goal???
Old 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
unfortunately i did not degree them. i dont have the tool for it and i dont know anyone who has one, but i checked for clearance about a million times before i put it all together
Not the end of the world. It should still make good power. Much more power than a NPI!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:31 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

What clearance did you get? Did you know that MHS sells adjustable crank gears, and matched cam gears, so you don't have to degree? That's what i got as my cams came 5 and 7 degrees retarded from Bullet.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:38 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
What clearance did you get? Did you know that MHS sells adjustable crank gears, and matched cam gears, so you don't have to degree? That's what i got as my cams came 5 and 7 degrees retarded from Bullet.

MHS's website says they don't sell the matched cam gears anymore???? What's up with that? And why does nick use bullet to grind his cams if they come that far off? Do other companies give similar results?
Old 05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

i dunno i asked nick about the cam gears and he said they dont have them
Old 05-03-2010, 04:50 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd
MHS's website says they don't sell the matched cam gears anymore???? What's up with that? And why does nick use bullet to grind his cams if they come that far off? Do other companies give similar results?
Really??? I just did mine a month ago. I'm not sure what's up here. According to Nick it's not just Bullet with the issues. Comp, and the other major grinders have these issues as well. Although, from what i gather mine were a little farther out of spec than most.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Recently it has been realized that the stock cam gears aren't as far off as we think...thry aren't perfect but they're just part of the problem. The real issue is that the cam manufacurers can deffinatly guarentee that all the lobes are in sync w one another...but thry can't promis that they are 100% in sync with the keyway...therefore adj cam gears are needed.

Sorry for the **** typing...im posting from my phone

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: getting dyno tuned tomorrow!