4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Headers getting some but dunno which????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 AM
trailor
3rd Gear Member

this ebay stuff looks questionable. i would be wary about no name brand stuff. i mean the fitment for LT's is already a huge PITA, so goin with a no name seems like a crap shoot, your just beggin for a more PITA job than it already is

edit: i also agree with stangalator, 2.5" is way more common
Old 05-06-2010, 04:22 PM
04orngegt
1st Gear Member

Ive had bbk and I currently have bassani.. I like bassani over bbk
Old 05-06-2010, 09:30 PM
03SonicBlue_GT
2nd Gear Member

so are long tubes only for manual. just was looking through options and they all said manual. so not sure if they are just for manual, and the shorties are for auto. because i have a auto.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:32 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
In reality any gains on an N/A New Edge from Long Tubes is negligible. Your stock exhaust is not your choke point in air flow and is capable of flowing whatever your car with bolt ons can throw at it, especially with a cat-back. You will see 15-20RWHP on boosted applications for the most part however.

Kenne Bell even claims based on their dyno experience long tubes net you 0 HP until your in the 500-600s.
+1 Finally some one who has seen the light there has been threads on here where guys at the most only gained about 9hp with a cenri.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:58 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

I really do not see the point of spend all that money on headers unless you making some nice power. Oh and pay some one to install them they are a pain in the butt, save that money and put it towards a blower.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:03 AM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03SonicBlue_GT
so are long tubes only for manual. just was looking through options and they all said manual. so not sure if they are just for manual, and the shorties are for auto. because i have a auto.
MAC lts are used for autos as i said. They have more clearence. I have a 5 speed and with bbks arh ect you have to loosen the passeneger side headers to drop the tranny. WIth the macs you dont have to do that which was a huge plus for me especially because right after i put them in my clutch went and than my trans went hahaha.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 PM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MineralGrey
+1 Finally some one who has seen the light there has been threads on here where guys at the most only gained about 9hp with a cenri.
I think the torque gains are significant though.. when I had only full exhaust and a steeda tri-ax I was definitely faster than stock.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:11 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Peak power is not was is affected by longtubes...mid-range is where the gains are if im not mistaken. Everyone gets hung up on peak numbers.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:52 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by thunderhorse
I think the torque gains are significant though.. when I had only full exhaust and a steeda tri-ax I was definitely faster than stock.
the only part of the exhaust that actually nets you the most hp is the mid pipe. Don't get me wrong i'm sure you get a few hp for LT's but you lose low end power and for the price and work thats involved I would save that for either the every last mod or if your swapping out to a tubular k member and have the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:53 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Peak power is not was is affected by longtubes...mid-range is where the gains are if im not mistaken. Everyone gets hung up on peak numbers.
^ +1, the truth

Quick Reply: Headers getting some but dunno which????