4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Possibly looking for a NE GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Well as far as performce the Bullit has like 5 hp more than the stock GT, so, I think you're really paying for the name here.. The Mach has like 305 hp to the crank IMO outclasses both the GT and Bullit by a wide margin.. Also can't get pass the shaker man that sh** looks sweet..
Thank you. I actually always liked the look of the Bullitt over that of a Mach, but agree that the Shaker does look sweet. You can't argue over the Mach's 305 hp to the Bullitt's 265 though. Unfortunately, Machs are rare and pricey around here
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 AM
LS WHAT
2nd Gear Member

hey alec, are you not happy with your car or you just want a v8?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LS WHAT
hey alec, are you not happy with your car or you just want a v8?
I love my car, but after messing around with my friend's SN95 GT with exhaust and mods, I wanted to test the market and see if I could swing a deal for a New Edge GT or Bullitt. I just think it's time for a V8 bc I want something with more bite/growl and the only way I'd get that out of my 6 is to put a lot of money towards gears or some sort of FI. I also am ready to ditch the auto for manual

I had originally wanted a New Edge GT but was talked out of it by friends and family and went with my '05 6er
Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alec231236
I love my car, but after messing around with my friend's SN95 GT with exhaust and mods, I wanted to test the market and see if I could swing a deal for a New Edge GT or Bullitt. I just think it's time for a V8 bc I want something with more bite/growl and the only way I'd get that out of my 6 is to put a lot of money towards gears or some sort of FI. I also am ready to ditch the auto for manual

I had originally wanted a New Edge GT but was talked out of it by friends and family and went with my '05 6er
A six can be made to go quick but I have yet to hear one (especially at WOT) sound like a V-8.. If money were a issue I would just look for nice 99-04 GT or even a 98 Cobra.. They aren't that much especially since alot of guys are ditching their cars for the new 5.0. Also the manual is a blast to drive.. Good luck dude..

Last edited by Soldier GT; 06-02-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:52 AM
trailor
3rd Gear Member

Well as far as performce the Bullit has like 5 hp more than the stock GT, so, I think you're really paying for the name here.. The Mach has like 305 hp to the crank IMO outclasses both the GT and Bullit by a wide margin.. Also can't get pass the shaker man that sh** looks sweet..
for one thing, you could not be more incorrect about the Bullitt. the intake is completely different and allows for more power to be had than a stock GT. ALSO, the intake allows for a more even distribution of horsepower through the power band, making it more of a plateau (which is desired) rather than a peak and drop-off (like the GT). the intake manifold itself is actually metal, rather than plastic like the GT, and it comes with a dual throttle body. also, the brakes and suspension are much better than the GT, and i think are better than the mach1. the only way the mach1 "outclasses" the Bullitt is by having 2 extra cams, 2 extra valves per cylinder, and the shaker hood.. all in all, mach1s are just 99/01 cobras with a fancy hood and less power.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

A six can be made to go quick but I have yet to hear one (especially at WOT) sound like a V-8.. If money were a issue I would just look for nice 99-04 GT or even a 98 Cobra.. They aren't that much especially since alot of guys are ditching their cars for the new 5.0. Also the manual is a blast to drive.. Good luck dude..
Yeah I feel like my 6 is quick, but it just doesn't have the sound/torque/stigma of an 8. But that's what I was leaning towards, 01-04 GTs with a couple Bullitts possibly. I'm open to the 98's and the Cobra, but I have yet to find one that's not beat to hell
Old 06-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by trailor
for one thing, you could not be more incorrect about the Bullitt. the intake is completely different and allows for more power to be had than a stock GT. ALSO, the intake allows for a more even distribution of horsepower through the power band, making it more of a plateau (which is desired) rather than a peak and drop-off (like the GT). the intake manifold itself is actually metal, rather than plastic like the GT, and it comes with a dual throttle body. also, the brakes and suspension are much better than the GT, and i think are better than the mach1. the only way the mach1 "outclasses" the Bullitt is by having 2 extra cams, 2 extra valves per cylinder, and the shaker hood.. all in all, mach1s are just 99/01 cobras with a fancy hood and less power.
Good to know, thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by trailor
I agree with all of this, except the last part about having less power than the 99/01 Cobras. THAT is false
Old 06-02-2010, 07:47 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

+1. I believe Mach 1's are actually a tad faster than 99/01 Cobra's. And also I believe the actually crank HP is really 320. People seem to think Ford underrated the Mach's. But I'd rather have a Mach than a 99/01 Cobra myself..
Old 06-02-2010, 08:04 PM
DS002
3rd Gear Member

http://www.mach1registry.com/Specs/Specs.htm

Bullits are cool and all, but too much of a jump in price for the upgrades they do have in my opinion. Mach 1 is the way to go, basically take a bullit and give it the DOHC 4.6L. Machs are by far the best New Edges you can buy after the Term Cobra, its not even really much of a comparison. The SOHC 4.6L's pretty much suck no matter what intake is on them.

And I believe the Machs have an updated version of the DOHC heads compared to 99/01 cobras, dont quote me on that though

Last edited by DS002; 06-02-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Possibly looking for a NE GT