4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Bad News...Decision time...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:19 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

....sell the tractor? save the pond money all the while having the car for sale, then hopefully she gets a job, if not then sell the stang.

I'm confused why you would sell the stang...then buy a truck.

EDIT: mustangs are all over the place. You can find another one when things get better if you happen to sell the car. In the end it's JUST a car....yes Mustang nuts, I said it....gotta do what you gotta do man.

GOODLUCK keep us posted.

Last edited by smitty2919; 06-10-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:34 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
....sell the tractor? save the pond money all the while having the car for sale, then hopefully she gets a job, if not then sell the stang.

EDIT: mustangs are all over the place. You can find another one when things get better if you happen to sell the car. In the end it's JUST a car....yes Mustang nuts, I said it....gotta do what you gotta do man.

GOODLUCK keep us posted.
agreed. theres a blue million of them running around. this may be a chance to get something better, in the future i mean
Old 06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919

GOODLUCK keep us posted.
lol, just bought the tractor, have 17k$ loan on it, 0% interest though..and we bought it because we NEED it, not because we wanted it..

The theory behind the truck is that we NEED a truck...and we could realistically get one next year if things get back on track. The mustang is a playtoy, and it is garaged more than half the year-as in parked, not going anywhere, I take the insurance(except for theft/fire/etc) off and it doesnt move till the weather breaks again. Realistically, our money would be better invested with a truck...

omfg I can't believe I'm talking like I want to sell it....this shiz sucks..

And the pond thing, it isn't being dug for sh*ts and giggles, its to alleviate MASSIVE flooding/standing water issues we have. It includeds having a swale cut out back and another ditch, as well as using the dirt to level the rest of the low ares and make a raised area for us to build our barn/garage in a few years.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:54 AM
LS WHAT
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't sell the stang, your still in the same boat until that money runs out then your back to square 1. The stang ain't costing you anything. GL my friend.

If we didn't have some bad luck we wouldn't know when we're having some good luck.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LS WHAT
I wouldn't sell the stang, your still in the same boat until that money runs out then your back to square 1. The stang ain't costing you anything. GL my friend.

If we didn't have some bad luck we wouldn't know when we're having some good luck.
Werd. I dont think selling the stang is the first thing you should do.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

1. Sell Car
2. Get back on your feet
3. Buy a new svt raptor
Old 06-10-2010, 12:32 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

damn...$hitty situation you've got going on. best of luck to you and your wife in this whole ordeal!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

sell stang...buy lightning/harley davidson truck...convert to 4x4 and go! lol jk but i really would hate to see you sell the stang and then things turn around and you not have it.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:59 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Good luck man!
Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM
04CompetitionOrange
3rd Gear Member

Do you have any other vehicles paid off? Seems to me, that it would be better to get rid of the Explorer, that way you aren't making a car payment.

If you get rid of the things that you make monthly payments on, it will make stretching a single paycheck much easier. Think about lowering your monthly costs rather than trying to come up with a lump sum of money quickly.

You say that ultimately, you need the tractor. Do you need it while your wife is unemployed...or could you purchase another one when she finally lands a job?

edit: Sorry to hear about the situation man....good luck with it all.

Quick Reply: Bad News...Decision time...