4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Anyone here from San Diego???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 06:29 PM
thatdude305
3rd Gear Member

Default Anyone here from San Diego???

I am moving out to San Diego and was wondering if anyone knew any good places to get the car worked on out there. I am goona be stationed at North island Naval Air Base. Also if you are familiar with that area how is it?? THX
Old 06-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

I was in Sand Diego week before last for a bachelor party(a buddy of mine is stationed there for the Navy as well). Your going to love it there! 70* high during the day with no humidity and 55-60* at night. Way different from Louisiana's weather lol. Oh.... and women everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fell in love at least 100 times while i was there lol
I hope your car isnt lowered alot...... the roads/driveways suck *** over there.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:53 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Tim when are you going to man up with that 2.8H KB?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Tim when are you going to man up with that 2.8H KB?
soon buddy... soon lol
I just havnt had time here lately with work and the divorce. Cant seem to keep money in the damn bank lol
I did go work on the motor yesterday. Havnt posted the pics yet as im at work but i will when i get home. We got the bottom end all buttoned up. Heads are going to the shop Wed to have the springs/cams installed. Then this weekend we should be bolting on the heads and timing gear so we can bring the motor to the shop to have it timed. After thats done, into the car she goes and on with the blower install.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:40 PM
thatdude305
3rd Gear Member

so there is nobody here that can help me out with san diego places to get my car worked on??
Old 06-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Went out there for military training , loved it and about cried when I had to return. As far as Mustang / car performance shops I say F**** it and take a nice trip to GAS.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

^^ Don't go to GAS. I've been there, nice shop and nice work, but you're gonna pay even worse than out the *** there (they're located in San Fernando Valley and are used to getting clients with more money than sense, and are priced accordingly). Besides, I'm not letting kooks who install fish tanks in the backseats of cars and all the other goofy **** they do on that show touch my car. I'm really not sure of any Mustang specific shops in San Diego area, but about an hour and a half drive north of there in Rancho Cucamonga is GTR High Performance, they do really good work. There's also supposed to be a few good shops in the Orange County area.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:03 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Z28KLR
^^ Don't go to GAS. I've been there, nice shop and nice work, but you're gonna pay even worse than out the *** there (they're located in San Fernando Valley and are used to getting clients with more money than sense, and are priced accordingly). Besides, I'm not letting kooks who install fish tanks in the backseats of cars and all the other goofy **** they do on that show touch my car. I'm really not sure of any Mustang specific shops in San Diego area, but about an hour and a half drive north of there in Rancho Cucamonga is GTR High Performance, they do really good work. There's also supposed to be a few good shops in the Orange County area.
I heard nothing but good stuff about GAS but every place has its up's and downs. Also I agree they seem over priced but Auto performance is not a cheap hobby by any means. But Hell if you pay me that much I would attempt to install bidet's into cars all day.