4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Love driving my mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Haha ! nice .... chicks dig the gray, at least the gray mustang.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I have owned my Mustang since the first week of November 2009 and have close to 14000 miles and YOU love to drive?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:59 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
The grinding is quite common on these cars with reverse.. Mine does it sometimes too...

As for the surging, if you replaced the faulty COP's and changed the spark plugs and gave it a tune up, idk what else it could be. If no codes are being thrown, maybe try cleaning out the MAF? IDK man. I hope you get it fixed.
yeah i heard its pretty common too. i guess i could try the MAF.

and it only grinds sometimes.. not all the time. thanks bro.

Originally Posted by DS002
I wish I still loved driving mine, I almost hate driving mine now. I try reminding myself of the good times but Im just so used to the car its become just plain boring.
why would you hate driving it now?? idk.. i guess i could see myself getting a little tired of it. but i am a fairly new driver so i still have allot of youth in me :P i always here how old-er guys are like damn, i remember the feeling i had back when i was 16...

i guess i should live up these days. lol i'll savor the good times for you man..

Originally Posted by natedog
My car grinds in reverse too, my friends always look at me like an idiot when it happens. Don't know about a solution to fix it, but I just shift it into neutral and then go back into reverse no prob. Its weird tho
yeah, people look at me like a retard when i do it.. kinda like "that kid dosnt know how to drive a stick" i mean i guess they're right in a way because im not that good at stick (i can still bang the gears, but hey everyone can do that :P) At least i know the concept of manual and where to keep your RPMS to get power and just to cruise. i grew up on dirtbikes so i picked up stick pretty quick because i've always ridden bikes with a clutch.

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
^ sounds like someone needs to find some twisties You discover the sweet corner and you never look at straight-aways the same again

I LOVE driving my car more than I did the day I purchased it over 4 years ago!

Jazzer
haha jazzer i love you. (no homo) boy do i love the twisties now.. (once again, no homo)

so much fun. i still like the straight aways though.

and btw jazzer, if i ever decide to spend some money on suspension mods, i know for a fact who im going to

Originally Posted by teej281
Yo Bud! Grinding is normal...no biggie there. Then with the surging could just be slack in the drivetrain that accumulates over the life of the driveline. My 98 did that and whenever it did it it sounded like the gears had "slack" in them and it could have been. When I got my 02 it did the same thing kinda and then when i had the motor and tranny replaced with units with 28k miles on them...went away. Try doing rear gears and cleaning the maf and do the fuel filter while youre at it. Also if its throwing a lean code, could need a new o2 sensor and might as well get a wideband while you need to replace. All just food for thought my friend. Glad youre back to driving it after a while.
whats up teej?

you kind of have em lost with the whole drivetrain slack.. if someone could explain that in depth a little more that would be great (still learning allot lol).

I think it might be the oil filter, im deff gonna try to get a new one soon and see if thats the issue. how much do they run? yeah im not sure about that o2 sensor. if it throws another code i always have my code reader, so ill just read it and see what it says and report back lol.
i should prob change the oil soon too.. hmm, i kinda wanna do all the fluids in the car actually. tranny and everything.

Originally Posted by boomee
ahh the twisties of PA always a treat in any car
oh yess. actually i dont think id get as much enjoyment out of it in my toyota camry :/ hahaha

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
I know the feeling OP , I love to just drive and nail corners fast as hell then just go WOT in the straight. But I had the grinding noise when I had my T-45's , In my T-3650 I do not. It just sounds like a mild whining.

' Jazzer ' your mustang looks really bad **** man.
oh hell yeah on that one man. i love wipping through the corners and slamming the gas coming out. haha

and yeah, im pretty sure my Trannys a T-45. its a 99.

And i agree, jazzers stang is sick as hell. Jazzer, is that a real saleen?

Originally Posted by Blk003GT
The only thing I hate are the damn GT seats.
I hate my seats. i wanna get leather haha. i hate cloth seats. mines has a little tiny rip starting.. also got a spring up my *** or something. **** em.

Originally Posted by conejo172
I have owned my Mustang since the first week of November 2009 and have close to 14000 miles and YOU love to drive?

hahahaha damn, i think you have me beat their
Old 06-30-2010, 11:12 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

both my tr 3650's have done it..no biggie lol
Old 06-30-2010, 11:27 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

gotchaa. find any one to buy the mach 1? got a listing up or anything on CL or classifieds? link me if ya do.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:02 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

The grind is an easy fix...stop the car drop it in 4th then right over to reverse...no more grind
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM
jtfrog
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blk003GT
The only thing I hate are the damn GT seats.

Ah men crappy leather
Old 07-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

Not just crappy leather but the head rest isn't right when u lean ur head back ur damn near looking at the roof. The seats barley recline and they hold u in about as good as a bench seat.
I wish I could get cobra seats but too much $ I'll deal in the mean time
Old 07-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Ehh Im thinking about just swapping over a Corbeau seat to the driver side, Black leather to match the rest of the seating. I couldn't care less how comfortable the passengers are ...
Old 07-01-2010, 01:44 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

I've been toying with the idea of corbeau gts II seats as well...but I would like to see them in person though.

Quick Reply: Love driving my mustang.