4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Bye Bye 2v...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
I'll miss you over here in this section
LOL I will still be around here annoying you , hangwire and the LS fan boi's.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:37 AM
sonicx
speed'n

JK JK had to since all in all you did put on your fire suit
Nice car... like it
Yea man pop in at least once in a while
Old 07-10-2010, 11:40 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Driven one...not impressed. Too big and I think they feel heavier in turns which i dont like. I'd keep my new edge anyday over the 05-09's. Now a 2011 id drive because i like the styling more and they are more sleak than the older s197's. But to each their own. Good luck with the car and glad you like it.

sorry if i seem grumpy...rainy day in south central pa and im bored at work. lol
Old 07-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx

JK JK had to since all in all you did put on your fire suit
Nice car... like it
Yea man pop in at least once in a while
Haha nice, Thanks and will do sir.

Originally Posted by teej281
Driven one...not impressed. Too big and I think they feel heavier in turns which i dont like. I'd keep my new edge anyday over the 05-09's. Now a 2011 id drive because i like the styling more and they are more sleak than the older s197's. But to each their own. Good luck with the car and glad you like it.

sorry if i seem grumpy...rainy day in south central pa and im bored at work. lol
Really ? I feel the total opposite when I drove it. As for the size difference yeah its there but you really can not tell the differ by much. As for the turns the S197 hits the corners with ease and comfort, it rides the twisties just as comfortable and agile as my buddies 02 GT with H&R SS, Tokico HP's and MM C/C plates (even he was impressed). Another thing I like about this car is no 4x4 . But its all good Teej man , I hope that rain passes over soon man lol.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Congrats!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:32 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

good upgrade! looks pretty good as it sits now, good luck building it!

ps. i heard the TB on the 3v's ws a bad idea, someone dynoed before and after and lost some hp even after tuning for it with and without. Ill try to find it again (however im on dail up so maybe not, haha)
Of course this refers to N/A and not FI
Old 07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

ok stop pulling our leg..
Old 07-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Thanks Lizzy and Stangalator, I will definitely check into that throttle body poop squat issue. I agree that the current looks are fine as is , The only Exterior mod I want to do is the hood and black tint to the lighting with a rear black out panel to top it off. I might put some 1/4 window louvers on but that ideal is still up in the air. Haha it is 200% true Soldier, I went to the dark side of modern mustangs.

Last edited by Mr Graystang; 07-10-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:54 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
Really ? I feel the total opposite when I drove it. As for the size difference yeah its there but you really can not tell the differ by much. As for the turns the S197 hits the corners with ease and comfort, it rides the twisties just as comfortable and agile as my buddies 02 GT with H&R SS, Tokico HP's and MM C/C plates (even he was impressed). Another thing I like about this car is no 4x4 . But its all good Teej man , I hope that rain passes over soon man lol.
We have an 08 GT Convertible(which i drive a new edge convertible so its a good comparison) at the dealership where I work and my car just feels much lighter and nimble than that car. The car at the dealership is an automatic but people say that they get annoyed with going through gears before they get through an intersection...that thing is in 3rd by the time i get across an intersection. Kinda ridiculous. But just glad that you like the car. And the rain is supposed to be here all day and then clear up for us tomorrow so me and dad can take the 68 shelby to a car show at the local hooters SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by teej281; 07-11-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

I have almost lost interest in my car....but I've recently kicked around the idea of trading up for an '05. That interior picture looks inviting compared to my cloth ****.

This makes me want to go and at least take a look at one at some used car dealer. Nice.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye 2v...