4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Bye Bye 2v...

Old 07-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

The only time when my S197 gt faild is when you tried to push it through turns. The respond really good to mods and I only sold mine to buy my cobra. I had alot of mods done to mine also. If you need any help with it or what to buy just shoot me a pm.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:51 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

nice! i love the color, but i might be a tad biased.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
I have almost lost interest in my car....but I've recently kicked around the idea of trading up for an '05. That interior picture looks inviting compared to my cloth ****.

This makes me want to go and at least take a look at one at some used car dealer. Nice.
I would definitely recommend going to test some out, there not for everyone but they feel allot more fun to drive then the New edge IMO. I paid under 14k for this with a 11k for my trade in.

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
The only time when my S197 gt faild is when you tried to push it through turns. The respond really good to mods and I only sold mine to buy my cobra. I had alot of mods done to mine also. If you need any help with it or what to buy just shoot me a pm.
The mod response was a big deciding factor also , some people on other forums were telling me they are easy to get over 300 RWHP n/a. Until Im ready to add F/I that sounds very compelling to me. I have lost some interest in Drag racing so this car would be great to hit the twisties on, I know a guy who Auto X's in his 06 and he has me really excited to try it. Thanks for the offer I will definitely PM you if I need info.

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
nice! i love the color, but i might be a tad biased.
HAHA thanks , I have a thing for Gray mustangs lol (this is my 3rd), I also did not want my handle to say MR. Graystang while I am driving a blue or red mustang.

Last edited by Mr Graystang; 07-10-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
Thanks all (The S197 club is fun) , I could not be happier with this car. As far as plans for performance wise I will be doing CAI/Tune like 99GTVert suggested , 3.73's , a bigger TB and FRPP hot rod cams , I plan to look at E-Force blower when I get around 70-80k miles on it. MustangmanCP ; I really like the sound of them so Im stuck on choosing between them and SLP LM's (I like obnoxious sounding exhaust lol). I know the color looks like an old person's car but thats Why chose that over a redfire GT with slightly higher mileage. I was looking for something simple , clean and classy. As far as a hood I will be looking into a nice cowl hood like so ...

http://customerpics.americanmuscle.c...94009&id=17844

WannaBeGearHead ; This is my nice weather daily cruiser and week end romper, I will more then likely never take it to a straight line track. I will do some autoX but I also want a project car to build and run nitrous on. Its down to a nice Fox or if I can find a cheap New edge, either one of those for my afterwork boredom killer would be nice.

^^^ a new hood totally changes the look for your new ride
Old 07-11-2010, 08:26 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

nice car! i like the S197's myself, they have alot of n/a potential, but if not done right look like crap, but if done right they look soooooo good.

I love that color though, not feelin the wheels.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Explosive

I looked at that exact car online when I was trying to decide if I wanted a new edge or S197
Old 07-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_NTriangle
^^^ a new hood totally changes the look for your new ride
Yeah I love the way cowl hoods look on the S197's, It gives it a aggressive appearance.

Originally Posted by boduke0220
nice car! i like the S197's myself, they have alot of n/a potential, but if not done right look like crap, but if done right they look soooooo good.

I love that color though, not feelin the wheels.
Thanks ! I hear ya on making them look like crap, Im not gonna go crazy on appearance mods just some light upgrades and a few body mods. As for the wheels I am content with them, I like them and they are 18's but in about a year I will replace them with Saleen's or 10" GT500 wheels.

Originally Posted by Explosive
I looked at that exact car online when I was trying to decide if I wanted a new edge or S197
Haha Im glad you decided on the Mach 1.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:32 PM
rick 51
1st Gear Member

Good luck with the new car, growing up in the 60s I really appreciate the look of your car, Ford really got it right.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rick 51
Good luck with the new car, growing up in the 60s I really appreciate the look of your car, Ford really got it right.
I agree 100 % rick , Ford captured the retrospectives of early muscle cars great with this model. I really love the retro gauge cluster it has, I miss my new edge but I'm quickly getting over it lol. I already put a 240sx to shame this morning lol.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:15 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Hey graystang, where the f*ck is your huge sig?! hahah!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bye Bye 2v...