4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

S/C Install Price & RWHP..

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

400$ for the tune is pretty much average. I paid 350$ for mine but I also got a discount because I had my NA tune from the same place. As others have said probably 600-1000$ for install... If you don't mind paying it as opposed to spending the time yourself its your prerogative.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:41 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

i think the shops near me do a flat fee of $300 if its n/a and $500 if its got a Power adder
Old 07-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
400$ for the tune is pretty much average. I paid 350$ for mine but I also got a discount because I had my NA tune from the same place. As others have said probably 600-1000$ for install... If you don't mind paying it as opposed to spending the time yourself its your prerogative.
You try being in this hell hole for 12 mths and see if you wanna come home, take time out of your three weeks, to not only wait to drive your car but to also spend what little time you have off in a gargage. Not only that my wife would kill me..
Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Soldier best of luck bro!!!! I hope everything is going well over there, stay safe man..
Old 07-11-2010, 10:08 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
You try being in this hell hole for 12 mths and see if you wanna come home, take time out of your three weeks, to not only wait to drive your car but to also spend what little time you have off in a gargage. Not only that my wife would kill me..
Totally agree! You need a good ride in the stang
Old 07-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Yeah, you have a pretty good point. I guess to me I just try to justify time/money a lot. Saving 1000$ for 10 hours of my time is well worth saving the money. If it was 300$ for 10 hours of my time. I'd have someone else do it. Either way, as long as you don't mind spending the coin, more power to you. At least you will have a fun ride waiting for you when you get home!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 PM
mustang51js
3rd Gear Member

i would guess your hp around 400 to 415. I paid $600 for a dyno tune and seemed to be the average price.Are you paying for the mailed tune or is that just to get it to the shop, i will never pay for a mailed tune, just wasted my money, if you have to pay for it use that money to tow it to the place. As far as the install charge i would geuss somewhere around $1000, but everything in nj is high priced.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
Yeah, you have a pretty good point. I guess to me I just try to justify time/money a lot. Saving 1000$ for 10 hours of my time is well worth saving the money. If it was 300$ for 10 hours of my time. I'd have someone else do it. Either way, as long as you don't mind spending the coin, more power to you. At least you will have a fun ride waiting for you when you get home!

Thxs bro. So what do you guys think my numbers will be? J

Also, just to let you guys know Kerns is the guy who talked me into piecing the S/C together and has even taken time out of his day to help me in finding the parts. I appreciate that man, really I do!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Thxs bro. So what do you guys think my numbers will be? J

Also, just to let you guys know Kerns is the guy who talked me into piecing the S/C together and has even taken time out of his day to help me in finding the parts. I appreciate that man, really I do!
Hey, no problem man. Just glad you are going to have a fast car and save some money in the process. I'm going to guess 420rwhp is what you can get with a relatively safe tune. Maybe a little higher, but at that point I wouldn't ask for the tuner to keep pushing it.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:57 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang51js
i would guess your hp around 400 to 415. I paid $600 for a dyno tune and seemed to be the average price.Are you paying for the mailed tune or is that just to get it to the shop, i will never pay for a mailed tune, just wasted my money, if you have to pay for it use that money to tow it to the place. As far as the install charge i would geuss somewhere around $1000, but everything in nj is high priced.

Hey bro seems as tho you got a pretty strong running stang. As a matter of fact I'm gonna email the shop (Mustang Muscle) and ask them. I think the guy told me it was free but I cant remember. How much did your mail tune cost? Thanks for the info, man I really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: S/C Install Price & RWHP..