4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:33 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

should i get LCAs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Good UCAs will help you lower your 60' times. Like Jazzer said if your are serious about the 1/4 look into Team Z or Baseline suspension UCAs or just any spherical end UCAs will do much better than stock.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:15 AM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

i thought that UCAs werent very important, like dont people even remove them? im confused now lol...and i have read through jazzer's suspension guide(before its suggested lol), maybe i need to go through it again to refresh my memory though =/
Old 07-15-2010, 05:51 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

people remove the axle dampners off there car which are the "quad shocks" but I never heard of anyone removing the upper control arms, tat would mean the only thing holding you're rear to the car would be the LCAs and the shocks and driveshaft I would imagine the rear would walk side to side rather violently and eventually crack the LCA torque boxes or even the LCAS and then after that could be disaster.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:27 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

For lowers I'm going with Jazzer with the MM XD LCA's and they do make them in an adjustable ride height version, they are just expensive as hell. But it a drag only situation UCA's help, especially if you get the ones from Team Z or Baseline since they come with the UCA relocation bracket. And remove the quad shocks when you get good control arms too.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by uberstang1
people remove the axle dampners off there car which are the "quad shocks" but I never heard of anyone removing the upper control arms, tat would mean the only thing holding you're rear to the car would be the LCAs and the shocks and driveshaft I would imagine the rear would walk side to side rather violently and eventually crack the LCA torque boxes or even the LCAS and then after that could be disaster.
You may realize, but didn't mention, that the UCA's can be completely removed, but must find a replacement for the job they do. In my case, a PHB and TA did the trick WONDERFULLY and can only say I miss them for the following reasons:

1. Horrible roll-axis
2. squirley rear-end
3. snap-steer
4. suspension bind

They are indeed a necessary evil, unless you do an overhaul on the rear suspension.

Jazzer
Old 07-15-2010, 09:21 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

I had HPM megabite jr's LCA's installed 3 or 4 years ago on my car. They make the ride kind of ****ty but they helped keep the *** planted.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

That is the wonderful "NVH upgrade" guaranteed with almost ANY suspension mod!

Jazzer
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkShadow04
if my tires r dead hooking on my launch would the LCAs not benefit me very much?
How the heck are you dead hooking??? Even an auto with fat tires should break loose when you smash the gas...so what have you got going on?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:29 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

idk man, 2 step is on like 3800 rpm, 15 psi on my 18x9 rims with mickey t's...maybe its cuz the rims r heavy? lol...i swear it dead hooks though, i have a video to prove it somewhere, not that i know how to upload a video here lol
Old 07-15-2010, 05:31 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

looks like if i do this i will do the uppers and lowers together, and remove the quad shocks (that may be what i was thinking of people removing)...im looking at the MM products on american muscle...i was also told the steeda LCAs on american muscle are good...although that BBK kit is soo dam tempting at that price lol

Quick Reply: should i get LCAs?